Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:39 AM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
I'm just saying they're Kias, Dodges, and Chevrolets. Those are junk brands in the eye of the modern car buyer. I'm not paying $27K for a low-priced brand. Buick, Chrysler, maybe. Kias were advertised around here, not all that long ago, for sale to those with "a job and $199." No small Dodge, Chevy, or Kia should cost more than $20K in my eyes.
That's fine, and to a degree I personally agree with you. All the ecobox Dodge, Chevy, Kia, Fords are available for that under $20k price. They approach the $27k figure when you get features that historically haven't been available on ecoboxes. Power heated leather seats, navigation, backup cameras, blindspot and cross traffic alert, dual-zone climate control, 18" wheels... It doesn't necessarily make sense to me either, but it's just optional stuff and I strongly support having it available. Someone who wants all the baubles shouldn't have to pay for a near-luxury Taurus, Impala to get them if they'd otherwise be happier in a small car that's more fuel efficient, less expensive to purchase, easier to park. I'd rather have less bauble and a more engaging drive, but to each his own.

Basically, ecoboxes are taking on a different role. They're becoming small semi-premium cars while also trying to still be economical. The price lines do get blurred as a result... it's very easy to price a Cruze or Focus into the middle range of the Malibu or Fusion respectively and even into the lower end of the Impala or Taurus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 11:59 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us66 View Post
Great site. Cruze Eco may be thrifty, but has nothing on this 442:
1968 Oldsmobile 442 MPG Reports | Fuelly

Not sure if all the cars are trustworthy. 9.2 MPG out of a '10 Crown Vic? Must spend a lot of time chasing fleeing felons...
If you scroll down to the log book section you can look at the raw data the owner is entering for each fill up and decide if its trust worthy or not. It really depends on the diligence of each individual. From what I've seen on fuelly, about 1/4 of the entries are garbage, the rest are pretty good.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Someone who wants all the baubles shouldn't have to pay for a near-luxury Taurus, Impala to get them if they'd otherwise be happier in a small car that's more fuel efficient, less expensive to purchase, easier to park. I'd rather have less bauble and a more engaging drive, but to each his own.

Basically, ecoboxes are taking on a different role. They're becoming small semi-premium cars while also trying to still be economical. The price lines do get blurred as a result... it's very easy to price a Cruze or Focus into the middle range of the Malibu or Fusion respectively and even into the lower end of the Impala or Taurus.
Is a Fusion or Malibu more engaging to drive than a Focus or Cruze or just bigger? Assuming you're not getting the optional larger engine choices on the midsize cars. The Focus ST is probably the most engaging to drive, but it's a bit of a different market.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM

No, less most likely. I'd just go for a WRX/Ralliart, Focus ST/MazdaSpeed3, Genesis R-Spec over a baubled $27,000 Dart/Cruze/Focus. Miata or FR-S just aren't practical enough.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:16 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times
YOUR SO CUTE with your end of story bs

You believe the #'s because gm lowered the #'s and now said 42
the BS.

Until we have a real world owner post up their #'s it's just MFG propaganda and WE all know it.

Give us some credit WE all know #'s at this point are propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
No it won't get 50mpg. You're quoting a story from july 2011. The numbers in that story are pure speculation. Just because you wrote it on BOLD doesn't make it fact. Stop with the BS.

GM released the specs in January which said 42MPG.

end of story

"Quoted for truth".

"Quoted for truth" roflmao

Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,561,219 times
Can somebody translate snofarmer's post to English? I'm not fluent in crazy.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:54 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,168,071 times
Sorry they can't help you.
Only I, hold the key.

I'd rather be crazy than dumb and stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergraystate View Post
Can somebody translate snofarmer's post to English? I'm not fluent in crazy.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM

It's mostly gibberish to me, but he seems to be saying that someone's third cousin's ex-girlfriend's babysitter's daughter's nail girl who isn't allowed to give change is who he looks to for real gas mileage numbers as they are more credible than EPA estimates.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,811,604 times
I'm curious to see how well there gonna sell. Though gm is giving a 2 year mantance plan with the car they screwed up there to vw gives 3 yrs 36000 miles. I don't think it will be a hit. But real world mpgs would be quite interesting considering what the tdis are getting

Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,778 times
They will probably sell about as well as the Volt. I finally saw the second Volt I have ever seen on the road last week. I know it was not the same one I saw the first time six months ago because it was a different color. lol Who the hell do they expect to sell a diesel Cruze to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC