Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 06:32 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,239,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Abraham View Post
I have an 06 Buick Rainier awd got stuck the other day in snow. Front wheels did not spin. I got it on my lift front drive shaft is spinning but not the front wheels. I need help before i take it to the dealer on Monday. This is Friday
Check out www.gmtnation.com that site is full of people who are extremely knowledgeable about the gmt360 platform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,176 times
I have a 2009 Buick Rainer the gear shift won't come out of park

Old 08-07-2016, 05:29 AM

2 posts, read 14,677 times
i have a 2006 rainier with the awd locked up and im wondering if it is possible to bypass the computer systems and install a manual switch to turn on the system?...seems to me there are too many variables and too many places happy to rip you off??...sad thing now-a-days...my suv was parked since this spring when it started, to hopefully not cause more damage and i started looking for answers but i see the problem is not an easy one to fix??...i have been talking to a private mechanic that i trust and am planning to take it in for a transfer case oil change to check for grindings first, and also to see if the shift motor works. we are not sure how to test the sensors and or the controllers ?...but im thinking maybe install a manual switch and bypass the system...just a thought....p.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,707 times
I have a 2006 Rainer that the AWD was active all the time. I had dry parking, jerky and shaky turning, and backing up was really hard. Took it and mechanics were a bit stumped. They went through a mechanics service sight where they got opinions from mechanics all over the country. The consensus was that the encoder motor is bad. No codes were present. We will see, $700 dollars.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,429 times
I have a 2005 buick rainier that's not shifting from first and speedometer is not working I change 3 of the sensors in the transmission and one on the out side of the transfer case and still doing the same thing what could it be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC