Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 07:14 AM

59 posts, read 184,960 times

Advertisements

Might be looking at taking a trip to Chattanooga this summer (driving from NC) and I have a few questions…

What is there to do? (My friend suggested that I look into it...)
Where is a nice, safe place to stay?
Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:16 PM

17 posts, read 40,143 times
I've been going to Chattanooga for the last 5 years, there are TONS of things to do. We like to stay in Hixon at the Home Away Studios it's $250 for a week for a 1 bedroom suite w/kitchen which is great for us b/c we have a 2 & 1/2 year old so we save a ton of money buy eating breakfast and making lunch at the hotel. It's one of the cheapest in the area.

Here is my list of places to visit on this years trip;

Tennessee Aquarium- It's AMAZING the butterfly walk through is awesome and me, my husband and daughter all love the touch tanks.
Chattanooga Choo-Choo
Coolidge Park-Antique Carousel
Ruby Falls/Rock City/Incline Railway
Discovery Kids Museum
Chattanooga Nature Center
Chattanooga Zoo
Lake Winnepesaukah
Lookout Mountain
Tennessee Valley Railroad.

Hope that helps! :-)

Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 PM

72 posts, read 245,878 times
A second on the aquarium - it's possibly one of the best in the southeast. Also take time to walk around downtown - although the pedestrian bridge is out of commission at the moment.

Go eat at 212 Market, or drive up to Cleveland and eat at the Bald-Headed Bistro.

Drive up to the pocket wilderness in Soddy-Daisy and go for a hike - beautiful views of the Chickamauga gorge.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:13 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,252,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp64452 View Post
What is there to do? (My friend suggested that I look into it...)
What are you interested in? Nature walks? Touristy attractions? Amusement parks? Civil War/US History? Trail of Tears Memorials? Trains?

Also, roughly when are you coming and how long are you staying?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:27 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,688,812 times
People are asking good questions. What kind of trip do you want this to be? An outdoor adventure, a scenic drive thru, a tourist attraction, a culinary feast, a musical holiday, a shopping excursion or an easy-going-let's kick it like the locals do vacation?????????? With so much to see and do, it would be helpful to know what you had in mind.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:12 AM

851 posts, read 2,460,259 times
I know that you asked for Chattanooga, I thought I would give you some things to do possibly along the way. Sorry if I have duplicated any info already given. Some links below to help you. Hope you have a great trip.

http://www.tnvacation.com/east/
www.dollywood.com/calendar.aspx also Dollywood Splash Country
www.wonderworkstn.com/ upside down house
www.tnaqua.org/Home.aspx Chattanooga and Gatlinburg
www.obergatlinburg.com all kinds of things do around here too
www.tvrail.com/hiwassee/ Train ride - Chattanooga
www.threeriversrambler.com/ Train ride - Knoxville
www.thelostsea.com
www.lookoutmountain.com
google : pigeon forge attractions
Also:
Southern Belle Riverboat
Rock city
Whitewater rafting
Pontoon boat rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga