Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 09:50 PM

14 posts, read 68,136 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I'll be taking a trip in the next few weeks to Chatanooga (from Vero Beach, Florida) to see how beautiful it is and to scout out apartments, jobs, etc. so we can move up there with all you kind people!

I'll need a nice, comfy, inexpensive hotel to stay at that's very safe, yet not too far off the beaten path. I'll be traveling alone, as my husband has to work. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it under $80 or $70 if I can -- sound reasonable?

Thanks for all your help!
Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 06:48 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Smile Travel Coupon books.

V.B. : Glad to hear the good news. Maybe sometime you can tell any changes in town over the last year.
We have a ton of motels North-West side of the city along the corridor of I-75 maybe exit #5 near the hamilton mall. We used a Ramada LIMITED at one time. On other state trips tried a MICROTEL,(With WINDOW-SEAT). Pick - up a expressway travel coupon book just like all over FLA, even have the NEW welcome center open this week on I-75 just into the TENN state line. We do tend to have weekend festivals and Cheerleader compatations that get pre-booked, or with school graduations, even this NINE day Riverbend festival may get tight.
Send me a private message here on the forum if you need specific advice. We are on the North side of town Rt #27 area. Our church is having a Open Pavilion BBQ, finish construction party if that is your same weekend.
PS I see one of my Dentist, Dr Root doing national TV ads for AT & T.?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:09 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Your dentist is named Dr. Root????

Old 05-18-2007, 11:21 AM

200 posts, read 683,675 times
Whenever we went, we stayed at the LaQuinta - go to their website. Good rates, great breakfast (healthy - not all pastries) and close to the shopping and interstate. We liked it cuz they also accept pets and great WI-FI. Very nice people run it - always felt safe. CLEAN ROOMS!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TeeJayMaJay; 05-18-2007 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: misspelled

Old 05-18-2007, 03:31 PM

192 posts, read 857,719 times
Default Try this one

It's in Hixon, but close, 40 night, Homeway Suites, I just booked 10 days there close enough to go check out every area we need, with fridge, net and full size coffee maker, that last one is important when house hunting good luck

Old 05-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Thank you for the hotel info! I'll definately look them all up.

SPLIT: Vero actually has a Starbucks Coffee now. It's in with Publix on 12Ave and US-1. Very, very busy there, too. Where did you use to live?

Also, when is the 9-day River Festival? I'll probably want to avoid that week up there due to crowds. Not sure yet when I'm coming up, but it has to be soon.

Dr. Root, yes, I've seen his TC ads. I don't go to him though, as a friend of ours is a DDS and we go there.

Thanks for all you wonderful info. Look forward to yours and others replies.

LeaveFLA

Old 05-19-2007, 06:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
http://www.riverbendfestival.com/

Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Default PUBLIX coming to Chattanooga

L.F. You will sort of be at home, we are getting the 1st PUBLIX very soon in Hamilton co.
DEE sort of had great idea for motel / hotel with GREAT LOCATION. Be nifty if you came same week..?? ALEGENT AIR flies into Chattanooga three times / week, recent post maybe only $39 one way. North of Orlando at Samford, also Tamps area Sarasoda.?,, Just a idea with higher gas.
L.F. Really lived west of Melbourne in Lake Washington, but our Dental Lab had daily service around central Fla, and my territory was VERO BEACH each day. What name of your friend dentist.?? We went to just about all down south as far as OSLO road. The WEST side of Oslo road was really growing 15 months ago. Even into Sebastian we had accounts, and A1A along the ocean even up to ORCHID ISLAND, by DISNEY and the British Polo arenas.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Split, my dad lives in Melbourne. He rode Hondas for years, but hated riding in Florida. Too flat. Rode in Mass. and Conn.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:24 PM

Split - Publix is just now going in? How small is Chatanooga anyway? It looks like a bigger town from the pics I've seen from the Chamber, etc.

Our Dentist is actually in Jupiter, so you probably wouldn't know him.

Oslo West -- you'd be surprised. There's all kinds of subdivisions and apartments going in and west of 58th, too. Publix, CVS and Walgreens now on the corner of 43rd and Oslo. Housing has really slowed down, though, and what's there is what was started last year. Much slower now. Vero was "the place" to buy over a year ago, but now, so many homes are for sale, and in a buyer's market, too.

Thanks for all your info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga