Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 10:39 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,813,463 times

Advertisements

Hey, Im doing a tour of TN (music) And I was wondering about some live music venues in Chattanooga- I'm looking for smaller venues for Americana singer songwriters.

Let me know

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 AM

390 posts, read 1,705,218 times
I don't live there yet, but in doing my research, coffeehouses is something I looked for. Three that I have read about are Chattz, Rembrandt's, and Greyfriar's. I don't know if any of them have live music or open mike, but you can definitely do a search on Chattanooga coffee on Google and find them. I will be checking them out when we arrive at the end of the summer!

Maybe someone in Chattanooga now will have more insight for you.....

Old 05-14-2007, 06:43 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,680,441 times
Charles and Myrtle's is a christian coffee house you may want to try out. Then there is the Mudpie in North Chattanooga. Other than that, do as byrd says, Google it. I have a little tyke so we don't get out much and don't drink coffee so I can't help you out any more than this

Old 11-06-2007, 07:28 PM

1 posts, read 7,620 times
Cafe Miaroma on the UTC campus frequently has bands play. Stonecup in North Chatt is a pretty popular coffee shop. Tremont Tavern in North Chatt has an open mic night and has preformaces by local musicians .

Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 PM

611 posts, read 2,004,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
Chattz, Rembrandt's, and Greyfriar's.

I know Rembrrandt's doesn't have live music but not sure about the other two.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:44 AM

31 posts, read 100,922 times
Cafe Miaroma has live music. There is also one located off of Shallowford Road. Rembrandt's doesn't have live music, but they are a really great coffee house! Chattz doesn't have live music either, but they are also very good.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 AM

We have been to Rembrandt's now that we are here, and my husband who does not like coffee, actually liked it there. We have been in Mudpie, but did not stay because we decided to eat elsewhere. I look forward to trying some of the other ones as we are here longer.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:08 AM

611 posts, read 2,004,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
We have been to Rembrandt's now that we are here, and my husband who does not like coffee, actually liked it there. We have been in Mudpie, but did not stay because we decided to eat elsewhere. I look forward to trying some of the other ones as we are here longer.

Stone Cup in North Chattanooga is awesome! Good food as well. Looks out over Coolidge Park and the river.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:35 PM

We will definitely check it out soon!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:59 PM

10 posts, read 35,471 times
If you are a musician I would go to old town Franklin, TN. There is a new place by the fire station that is sweet. This is a very popular part of Nashville. Also, go to West End, it is Vanderbilt area. That's a good spot. Downtown area has tons of open mic places. You never know who is listening there. Play them all. Nashville is not only country. It is sports, country, rock & roll, and movies. I have met A listers from all of these there, usually in Cool Springs, and West End. Beware, every 3rd person is a musician it seems, competition is stiff...better bring your A game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga