Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 05:25 PM

90 posts, read 330,078 times

Advertisements

SPLIT - I'll DM you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Actually you could do both. Do Soddy for the car show and downtown on the river for fireworks (or stay for the Soddy Lake show). Sounds like a great evening

And Happy Anniversary to you! Cheers!

Thanks for the Cheers!! I guess you could say I'm still in the newly wed phase...I still get all giggly thinking about it.

Have you decided which one you will be attending? I am thinking that we will see the car show and then stick around for the fireworks. Being that we only have a dog, he's kind of like our child... we wouldn't want to leave him behind on the Fourth of July (which happens to be his first b-day).

Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 AM

Heading out tonight, will be in Chatta by 1 or 2 am. WHoo Hooo!! Can't wait to check it out. Maybe we'll see ya guys around this weekend.

When I get back I'll letcha know what I thought of the Fourth of July Celebrations/festivities.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:45 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
I think we are going to head out to Nickajack tomorrow to buy fireworks and do a little fishing, ride the rails downtown on Saturday @ noon, head up to Soddy Lake for the fiesta and then shoot off some more when we get home. Sleep all day Sunday At least that's the plan for now.

Don't forget to get the Friday paper for more details on the events. It has a little section called the Weekender I believe that will help you all out. Probably with directions and/or phone numbers. Hope ya'll have a great time

Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM

246 posts, read 754,776 times
I bring my dog to the car shows only if its not hot, but a definate no no for fireworks.

Dogs & Fireworks - Dogs

Old 07-03-2009, 11:07 PM

246 posts, read 754,776 times
July 4th Fireworks Are No Blast For Pets | The Humane Society of the United States (http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/summer_care_tips_for_you_and_your_pets/keep_your_pet_safe_on_july_4th.html - broken link)

Old 07-04-2009, 02:19 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
great time at the Soddy celebration. The car show was fun and best of all we ran into Mr & Mrs SPLIT.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:50 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,462 times
Cool SODDY Party

YES, Beautiful summer Holiday weather. Lots of serious car stuff to go Car Crazy. Mopar HEMI had good display if I was giving out trophies.
... Walden Ridge Mtns in the background where the Cumberland Trail linear park , hike trail being built. Very impressed with the booth promoting the proposed six mile East - West bike / multi purpose trail to be built in East Soddy . Soddy Daisy Rails to Trails
.Quite warm afternoon 90 -91 degrees, could have swore I SAW ELVIS singing on stage for 40 minutes .??
. Day isn't even over yet. ! . Saw a good private show over hour long Thurs night.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM

Default Awesome Vacation!!!!

Man, our vacation to Tn was awesome!! I can't begin to tell you how much we enjoyed it there.

Started out off of I24 west of Chattanooga. Spent most of the time driving around through all the different areas that are "Chattanooga" (Soddy Daisy, Signal Mountain, Brenaird, E. Brenaird, Collegedale, Ootelaw, down town, East Ridge, Hixon, Etc.) I know not all of these are considered Chattanooga but I'm just saying that we traveled everywhere... even up to Cleveland.

Spent Fouth of July Hiking out in Jasper area.. Foster Falls and Tracy City. What a blast. The dog absolutely loved the hiking trails. He would bounce from one rock to the next, pick up every loose branch/stick on the ground, and splash right in to the creeks and ponds. I have pics, but can't upload them as of now. Once I get them uploaded I will create another album in my profile.

We didn't get up to the car show on Saturday. Really wanted to, but the times just didn't work out for us. We ended up watching the fireworks from Boston Pops across the river. It was neat.. the dog came with us and he actually enjoyed it. We made sure that we were back far enough that the sounds didn't bother him. He watched the fireworks and then turned (everytime he saw one) to lick my husband and I and wagged his tail. Next year, however, I don't think we will bring him, just because I want to sit closer to the activities. I don't think Mic (pronounced Mick)would enjoy them as much if we were closer. (We were really quite a ways away).

We tried some of the touristy things while we were there, but tried to avoid most of them We wanted to get a feel for how life would be once we move there. The one main attraction that we did was Rock City... Mic went with us there too. LOL! Enjoyed it very much, but I'm not so sure about the Fairyland section.. a little creepy if you ask me. Fairy tales and Black lights?? Not a combination I would have chosen.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you my wonerful experience in Chattanooga. My husband is posting his resume soon and hopefully next year we'll be Chattanoogans!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 08:43 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,914 times
LostNJax,

So glad to hear you had a great time! Let us know next time you're coming and maybe we'll plan some outdoor adventure outings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga