Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 AM

7 posts, read 41,799 times

Advertisements

Hello All!!
My husband and I are considering moving to the Soddy-Daisy, Hixson area and are needing help! We have family in Soddy and of course they are stating that this is the only place to move, but I am looking for a more unbiased opinion! We have 2 kids a 15 year old girl and a 12 year old boy! Our son has ADHD so he has been going to a private school since 3rd grade because he needs smaller class sizes. Looking for good schools public or private. Looking to spend no more than $450K and want a minimum of 2 acres of rolling property (I know it sounds crazy, but I want to plant some grapes:-)). I don't really want all trees if possible, and would love a waterview too. Am I just asking too much?? I would even consider land and build! Please help! Where is a good location in or around the Hamilton County area??
Thanks a ton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 04:23 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,895,223 times
Thumbs up 5ac Mariners Cove

SMB: Such a nice members will double your size and give you lead on 5 acre plots. Close in for your good schools. Across road from main channel river.
FACT SHEET
Lower Hixon pike -Mariners cove near the Harbour lights restaurant.
Other rolling hills up by Greysville, but schools sparce.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM

Thank you for the information! What are the price ranges of the parcels? Is this considered Soddy Daisy or what would be the school district? Do you know if any of the parcels have lake views? Sorry for all the questions but you really have got my interest:-)!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:23 PM

246 posts, read 758,378 times
Soddy is a nice small town. It really is. Not sure of the schools there. Lewis Chapel and Jones Gap are close by areas with tons of rolling and steep hills. Lets face it, most everywhere around here are mountains, not hills, and some are steeper than others. I keep pushing Dunlap area in Sequatchie County for schools because the school system is very well done, smaller classes and plenty of teachers that handle ADHD from my experience. The way the schools are set up here is that "no child will be left behind" and that is a fact so you won't be needing any special schools unless you insist. When you are looking in Hamilton County, you are looking at some large schools. For $450K you'd live like a millionaire here already. Don't even consider Bledsoe. YUK! Horrid!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM

Default Sequatchie County

Thank you for that info. I will look into Dunlap! I looked into the private schools of Baylor and McCallie if we were to live in Soddy and they are pretty expensive $19K compared to the $10K I am paying a year now for my son. With that being said, maybe smaller public schools would be the answer. Once again thank you! I will keep you all posted:-)

Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM

2,071 posts, read 7,709,986 times
it's my understanding that Soddy-Daisy schools are good so Baylor/McCallie are not a necessity.

There are parts of Big Ridge in Hixson that are very rolling, but the public schools may not suit beyond jr high. DM me if interested in talking with a RE expert.

You really don't have to spend that kind of money to get something suitable.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM

600 posts, read 2,272,175 times
Some areas of Harrison have some nice acreage, and it's fairly close to downtown Chattanooga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga