Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times

Advertisements

lol split, and I JUST read the paper on my lunch break. Whew! Don't know if Hixson can take all that traffic! Did any of you happen to catch Rachel Ray's $40 a day based in Chattanooga? It was great. I learned that Chattanooga is one of the top 10 family vacation spots in America! We must be doing something right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 02:44 PM

29 posts, read 196,644 times
I watched that last night too. It was my first real look at Chatanooga besides pictures. It was worth sitting through an episode of Rachel Ray. I'm excited about all the culinary opprotunities there are.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:07 PM

257 posts, read 1,080,901 times
Where are the affordable areas in Chattanooga?, I can do about $100,000 for a house and $425 for an apartment. I didn't see much in that price range, someone suggested red bank to me, would that be an option? I kind of wanted to live pretty near downtown........Oh well, LOL

If anyone knows of an affordable area for me zipcodes would be awesome!

Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Putty:
About a year and one-half ago, there were a lot of houses with that price. Prices have probably gone up. I know that Chatt is usually cheaper than Knoxville. Knox has gone up quite a bit in the same time frame.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 AM

661 posts, read 2,896,005 times
Actually Knox and surrounding counties have come down quite a bit in the last year. In addition, there are houses that have been sitting that are $30,000-$50,000 less than they were when we started researching in this area.

We were recently visiting with the realtor that got us in here. She was pointing out houses and areas that were out of our price range a year ago that had dropped a lot. However, she expects prices to start creeping up again this year.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Really?

Well, it seemed like they were higher, a lot higher.

I know that rental in our park have gone up $150 per month. Not for us, since we are good tenants. I thought that was a HUGE increase, however. There are a lot of people moving into the area.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM

30 posts, read 116,879 times
Red Bank is a bit of a trashy area (no offense) but, it is a bit seedy and run down... Hixson is nice, my sister had a house there she bought for 89,9, which was several years ago, but... if you look in the right place, long enough you will find a great property...

As for the schools, I can attest, I went to Tyner Middle/High schools..then migrated to NW Ga to Dalton High School... it was night and day... if you go public do Ga Schools,(despite Whitfield Co. Having one of the highest birthrates for unwed/highschool age kids) my school had a day care center LOL...and this was only about 9yrs ago.. for private, Hickory Valley is good for young kids, and GPS, McCallie and Baylor are great for the older kids...

Amanda

Old 01-09-2007, 06:59 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
Alias I have to disagree w/you about Red Bank. There ARE seedy run down areas there but for the most part it's nice in a middle class kinda way. Sure there is an overabundance of apartmants on Dayton Blvd and Mtn Creek Rd that I would shy away from but I lived in Red Bank for a few years and my neighborhood was great for families and kids. The homes were nice and we all kept our grass short. There are iffy neighborhoods all over this town and I do recommend posters to do their homework but I would never suggest that an ENTIRE area is seedy and run down.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 PM

8 posts, read 23,379 times
Hey all...I am a meatcutter for publix in Fl.... Desperately wanting to MOVE to a VERY VERY secluded place NEAR Chattanooga...45 minutes away-1hr.????? Got any suggestions......? I really would like a different job as i am quite burnt out...BUT IF i have to?????? they claim it is day and night difference according to a store mgr. originally a meat mgr. from Fl. I despise the political bullcrap buttkiss LAZY gluttonish management////H E R E.....

Old 02-06-2007, 08:34 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop View Post
Hey all...I am a meatcutter for publix in Fl.... Desperately wanting to MOVE to a VERY VERY secluded place NEAR Chattanooga...45 minutes away-1hr.????? Got any suggestions......? I really would like a different job as i am quite burnt out...BUT IF i have to?????? they claim it is day and night difference according to a store mgr. originally a meat mgr. from Fl. I despise the political bullcrap buttkiss LAZY gluttonish management////H E R E.....
Polk County is a stunningly beautiful area right smack in the mountains just east of Chattanooga. It's economically depressed, so real estate is probably pretty cheap. Much of the county is in the Cherokee National Forest. The whitewater rafting from the 1996 Olympics was on the Ocoee River in Polk County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga