Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2006, 12:17 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times

Advertisements

Is Soddy Daisy as nice a place to relocate as it seems.

Anyone near that area have any comments:

Why you enjoy living there, and what is not so great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,964 times
Soddy Daisy. Love it because it is close to town 20+- minutes, but your kids can ride their bikes on the street. There is a nice "new" highway that goes straight to downtown Chattanooga that is wonderful. Far enough out of town that you can actually see the stars in the sky. It's got a small town feel, parades, community events, etc. but some ppl do not like everyone knowing their name and all of the rest of their business Close to water, mountains, ppl actually have cows out that way! There are some locals I could do without and the real estate is so divided that you will find a 5k single-wide trailer next to a 400k house. I lived and worked in Soddy for close to 10 years. For what it's worth, I would move my family there.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:26 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,876,105 times
Cool S.d.

As the road sign logo states, " A Place as Unique as its name ". Two older coal towns that joined for unity. Many churches here, just great neighbors, fits great like "A Pair of Old Blue Jeans." New construction can range from $120k to $2million 2 miles away on deep channel river front. Great paved roads, no dirt. Low electric rates, / water,etc. Every type of receration, Kayaks, hiking on Walden ridge, camping, great town park ( Chester Frost), other good towns views in all directions. Not many traffic lights. newspaper at "TimesFreePress.com " 3 local television stations , etc. many family festivals.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,008 times
Soddy Daisy itself is nice. Hamilton County might not be your best bet: At one time I would have given Chattanooga a thumbs-up but something you might want to think about as you have children. Unless you live in the CITY you have no access to a library unless you PAY $50 a year. There is an age-old battle of the goverments of the City Mayor with the County Mayor and supposedly at 50/50 match for libraries (i dont know what else). The county did not pay up and they have cut off library cards for those NOT in the city of Chattanooga. I am appalled that my town would do this...to stop the very lifeblood of children and education where they need it most...information via books or computers if they do not have it at home. They cannot check out a book. Think twice. Go somewhere they care about the education of your children enough to give them a library without costing the family.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 PM

132 posts, read 191,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhawk View Post
Unless you live in the CITY you have no access to a library unless you PAY $50 a year.
This shouldn't surprise anybody lately... I live in Auburn, NY and had an issue when I lived within 100 feet outside the city! The library would not let you check out a book at all and didn't even offer a "payment" plan. The nearest library we could actually use was over 15 miles away and was no bigger than a double-wide trailer. We would have gladly paid $50 for the library with our two little "bookworms" at the time! Now we live in the city and pay the annual school taxes that also has the library as a line item. They have to pay for it some way...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga