Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,675 times

Advertisements

We are just moving to Chattanooga and have happily managed to find a house in the Normal Park school zone for my younger child. This places my older child in the Red Bank High School zone. I am having a hard time getting a feel for this school. I did find the hard data from the dept of ed but was hoping to get more personal stories about the academics, the safety and the overall reputation and "personality" of the school. My child is academically-oriented (not as much athletically-oriented).

Anyone have stories or insider information they'd like to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:10 PM

352 posts, read 883,490 times
Most public schools around here all depend on the kids and the parents. Red Bank High is relatively a safe school. Has some great teachers, and believe me, every corner and stairwell in that place will have a camera before the new school year. Not that they needed it, just that most schools are doing so now.
I've read about some great kids that have graduated from there, meaning, ie scholars, etc.

I wouldn't be worried about sending my kid there. Do a search on what they offer as far as academics go. If not, check into Chattanooga State MIddle High School. You can get a dual enrollment grant of about 2k, which would leave you with abt 1500 or so out of pocket. Pretty cheap compared knowing when they earn their high school diploma they also already have a 2 yr college degree and will shave off 2 yrs of tuition costs at a university or other community college. MUCH CHEAPER to do it while in high school if they are that academic.

Enjoy Chattanooga! Glad ya came

Old 06-29-2013, 09:54 AM

70 posts, read 213,318 times
I'm a Chatt. State alumni and have nothing but praises for CS and community colleges in general. If the dual-enrollment is at all an option for you, I'd say "go for it!"
---Rick

Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,675 times
Thanks for the input! Blue502 you set my mind at ease And we will definitely look into dual-enrollment as she progresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga