Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 09:59 AM

30 posts, read 88,590 times

Advertisements

The wife and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend and we have decided to make last minute plans to take a short trip out of town. We live in Huntsville so not far away, but neither of us have spent much time in Chattanooga. I did the aquarium/choo choo/tourist thing as a child, and more recently I did eat dinner at the Terminal Brewhouse(which was pretty awesome) while passing through, but that's really all the time I've spent there.

Any suggestions as far as lodging, where to eat, and what to do? How lively is downtown on a Sunday/Monday(particularly with it being a holiday weekend)?

The plan now is to come there early Sunday, stay somewhere close to downtown, and return Monday afternoon sometime. Might do the aquarium Sunday during the day, but open to other ideas. As far as what we are into, we are an openminded late 20s couple, no kids. She's an artist and loves areas with galleries and little boutiques, so are there any we should make sure to visit? I've seen Bluff's View pop up in searches. Any great hole in the wall restaurants/bars we should visit? We're both into nature too and there seems to be plenty of outdoor opportunities around, but our time is limited and the forecast says 88, so we will probably stick to the city. Thanks in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 AM

611 posts, read 2,003,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evad35801 View Post
The wife and I are celebrating our anniversary this weekend and we have decided to make last minute plans to take a short trip out of town. We live in Huntsville so not far away, but neither of us have spent much time in Chattanooga. I did the aquarium/choo choo/tourist thing as a child, and more recently I did eat dinner at the Terminal Brewhouse(which was pretty awesome) while passing through, but that's really all the time I've spent there.

Any suggestions as far as lodging, where to eat, and what to do? How lively is downtown on a Sunday/Monday(particularly with it being a holiday weekend)?

The plan now is to come there early Sunday, stay somewhere close to downtown, and return Monday afternoon sometime. Might do the aquarium Sunday during the day, but open to other ideas. As far as what we are into, we are an openminded late 20s couple, no kids. She's an artist and loves areas with galleries and little boutiques, so are there any we should make sure to visit? I've seen Bluff's View pop up in searches. Any great hole in the wall restaurants/bars we should visit? We're both into nature too and there seems to be plenty of outdoor opportunities around, but our time is limited and the forecast says 88, so we will probably stick to the city. Thanks in advance for any help.
There are some great hotels down by the Aquarium:

The Double Tree
Courtyard by Marriott
Hilton Garden Inn
The Chattanoogan with is a few blocks from the Riverfront but very nice

You could check out the Bluff View Inn (Bluff View Art District) and stay in real nice B&B.

I would recommend Blue Water and Table 2 for dining.

Check out the shop at Frazier Ave, 2 Northshore as well as some shops on Broad St Downtown. Take a ride on he River Gorge explorer. Take a long walk on the Riverwalk. Walk over the Walnut Street Bridge to the Northshore (shops at Frazier). You'll have a blast. Also, check out a Lookouts Game. That's always big fun and cheap too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga