Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 PM

6 posts, read 8,330 times

Advertisements

Hey I'm hoping to get suggestions. I'm going to visit my boyfriend in Chattanooga(I'm still in Iowa) and I'm thinking about taking a short weekend trip rather than staying in town. Was thinking maybe Pigeon Forge area which I think is pretty touristy right? But lots to do if I remember from when I was a kid. We'd probably drive somewhere Sat morning and staying over the night. So I've kinda been looking at Knoxville, Nashville, Atlanta....any recommendations or maybe somewhere else cool to visit that I don't know about?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,256,931 times
When will you be here and what are your interests? History (pre- or post-civil war)? Nature? Boating? Mass-entertainment? Shopping? Music? Shows?

If you like being entertained or hitting outlet malls then Pigeon Forge is a valid destination. Amusement parks, water parks (even huge indoor ones open year-round), go-carts, tours, white-water rafting, shows, theaters, outlet malls, and restaurants are everywhere you look.

Personally I prefer natural entertainment (a peaceful walk down a trail with beautiful views, or a kayak trip down a river), but other people prefer a lively dinner-theater with horses jumping over your table.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:22 PM

6 posts, read 8,330 times
I'm going to be headed down around the middle of April. As far as interests, I think we'd be leaning towards more dining/entertainment. I've been down a few times and we've seen some civil war and some outdoors type stuff. Would really love to be able to see some live music and somewhere good to eat(not necessarily "fancy") I would be into something more touristy mini golf type fun activities for a short while but not sure we want to go all out towards that(as I'm guessing Pigeon Forge would be?) I guess anything will be good to get out and spend some time together but just thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions to throw out

Old 02-25-2011, 04:52 AM

611 posts, read 2,001,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyw1234 View Post
I'm going to be headed down around the middle of April. As far as interests, I think we'd be leaning towards more dining/entertainment. I've been down a few times and we've seen some civil war and some outdoors type stuff. Would really love to be able to see some live music and somewhere good to eat(not necessarily "fancy") I would be into something more touristy mini golf type fun activities for a short while but not sure we want to go all out towards that(as I'm guessing Pigeon Forge would be?) I guess anything will be good to get out and spend some time together but just thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions to throw out
For dining and entertainment I would go to Nashville or Atlanta. TONS of live music and awesome restaurants.

For touristy fun stuff you can't beat Pigeon Forge. You may find some good dinning and entertainment in Knoxville.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:41 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,256,931 times
Too bad you're not down this weekend... we've got a Monster Truck Jam!!

Seriously, we do have live entertainment (concerts, shows, comedy, etc.), but mainly in smaller venues and you have to plan around them. You can probably find a show 7 days a week in Pigeon Forge, and maybe in Atlanta or Nashville, but not so much here.

In the summer we have tons of free and pay outdoor musics and such (Bonnaroo and Riverbend festivals; Nightfall every Friday, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga