Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 06:58 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,179,329 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any decent affordable apartments in red bank ? the move is still two years off due to my completing school I want school to be over with . im in my 50s and never thought I would be at this point in my life looking for apts to live in . Lost my home due to job loss which lead to foreclosure in florida and then moved to ohio to go back to school to be retrained in office proceedure and management . my kids live in florida so I only want to be a one day drive from them and still not live in florida . So if anyone knows any apts within the 500 to 700 a month budget I would appreciate it . The next biggest thing would be a job how hard was the economy hit in that area of tennessee ? I would appreciate any help . thanks .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 08:44 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,818,410 times
You should search the Chattanooga forum for certain phrases like "Red Bank apartments", "economy", etc. These sorts of questions come up a lot, and sometimes "the regulars" don't answer them all. Hopefully a search will give you more information so you can ask about specific neighborhoods or areas. Good luck.

I think you should look into Northtowne Village Apartments. Technically, they are in Hixson, but drive to the end of the road, and you're in Red Bank. If you search "Northtowne Village" in the Chattanooga forum, you will find some photos I put up and some discussion about them. Our rent was $640 for a one bedroom with washer/dryer hookups. There are other apartments in Red Bank that have been discussed already.

There has also been a bit of discussion about the economy. The crunch didn't hit Chatt like other places. I can't comment about your specific profession though.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 AM

600 posts, read 2,268,102 times
I would avoid Red Bank at all cost. The city is in a steep decline and has been for years. Drive down many of its streets and see all the store and businesses that have closed over the last two years. They have several million dollar lawsuits recently filed against them and the area just looks run-down.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:39 AM

20 posts, read 48,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
I would avoid Red Bank at all cost. The city is in a steep decline and has been for years. Drive down many of its streets and see all the store and businesses that have closed over the last two years. They have several million dollar lawsuits recently filed against them and the area just looks run-down.
That is a blanket statement that does not apply to all of Red Bank. The North End closer to Signal Mtn and North Chatt have several new businesses,Crust Pizza and Mojo Burrito are just two, and houses that many are snapping up because of their proximity to North Chattanooga and downtown for a fraction of the cost of home in the North Chattanooga neighborhood with less taxes.

As far as apartments go I think you can rent a house in RedBank for about the same as an apartment so look around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga