Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:43 AM

54 posts, read 175,263 times

Advertisements

Hey guys. I know this is the North Carolina Board, but I need your help. I have been posting to this board for a couple of weeks now, but for those of you who do not know, my husband and I were planning to relocate to Fort Mill (Baxter) from Florida in the spring. Since Fort Mill is really sort of a suburb of Charlotte, I wanted to ask your help. We just found out I am pregnant with our first child...with a delivery date in April! We had plans to build a new home, however if we do, they home would be finished around the same time as our expected delivery date. We are trying not to freak out here! HA HA. Talk about timing....

We are now thinking of pushing up our move to November/December and either buying a resale, or renting till our home is finished. My question is, can anyone recommend a good OB/GYN in the area? Also, what hospitals are closest?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2006, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 8,707 times
Default Rock Hill OB/GYN

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am a resident of Fort Mill and live just down the street from Baxter Village. The OB/GYN I went to 6 years ago is called Rock Hill OB/GYN and they have a Fort Mill office right across the street from Baxter Village. It is definitely one of the most highly recommended OB/GYN practices in York County. I was very pleased with the care I received from all of the doctors and nurse practitioners there. The address is 1666 Highway 160 W, Fort Mill, SC 29708.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Old 09-14-2006, 09:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,772,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiev View Post
Hey guys. I know this is the North Carolina Board, but I need your help. I have been posting to this board for a couple of weeks now, but for those of you who do not know, my husband and I were planning to relocate to Fort Mill (Baxter) from Florida in the spring. Since Fort Mill is really sort of a suburb of Charlotte, I wanted to ask your help. We just found out I am pregnant with our first child...with a delivery date in April! We had plans to build a new home, however if we do, they home would be finished around the same time as our expected delivery date. We are trying not to freak out here! HA HA. Talk about timing....

We are now thinking of pushing up our move to November/December and either buying a resale, or renting till our home is finished. My question is, can anyone recommend a good OB/GYN in the area? Also, what hospitals are closest?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Well, in Charlotte most babies are born at Presbyterian Hospital. They have a beautiful new labor and delivery area - the old one wasn't bad but this one is state of the art. In south Charlotte you would have access to Mercy Hospital in Pineville. It has recently become a part of Carolinas Medical Center. I'm really not sure they deliver babies there come to think of it. The main hospital is downtown and is our Level 1 trauma center for this part of the state. Can't help you with info on the SC side of things, but I do think you would have two hospitals to choose from in Rock Hill, Piedmont Medical Center being the largest. There are many good ob's in Charlotte, I'm sure you will get lots of recommendations - in fact I can't think of one I would steer you away from. Bradford Clinic is one of the oldest largest practices and well respected. They have several locations. I just love Dr. Victor Harouny - very good bedside manner, puts you so at ease. Good luck to you!

Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 AM

232 posts, read 728,945 times
Too broad of a statement-

Well, in Charlotte most babies are born at Presbyterian Hospital.

Everybody I knew had their babies at CMC Charlotte or Pineville.

I had a wonderful delivery at CMC Charlotte - and used the Charlotte OBGYN at the Arboretuem.

hope this helps.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongirl View Post
Too broad of a statement-

Well, in Charlotte most babies are born at Presbyterian Hospital.

Everybody I knew had their babies at CMC Charlotte or Pineville.

I had a wonderful delivery at CMC Charlotte - and used the Charlotte OBGYN at the Arboretuem.

hope this helps.
Good to know they ARE still delivering babies in Pineville, like I said, I wasn't sure anymore. While babies are of course delivered at CMC-Main, Presby does still deliver more. That's a huge part of their business, whereas CMC is where I would go for the more serious things like heart attack or severe injury.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:03 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,908,319 times
I am not sure how far this will be fromwhere you are moving but CMC-University is opening a new maternity wing on Sunday. Moms will be able to stay in the same room where they give birth.

Ammenities to a delivery room include dimming lights for late-night feedings, a sofa bed for guests, a large sink for baby baths and a Digital Video Recording television.

Mothers can also request a room with a Jacuzzi, which can be used to ease labor pains

Thea article notes that is has a spa and homey feeling.

The hospital will celebrate the opening of its new wing Sunday with public tours of the maternity center from 3 to 5 p.m. Patients will move to the wing on Monday.

Good luck and congratulations on both your move and new arrival !

Old 10-08-2006, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 15,186 times
Default CMC Pineville

I moved down to NC from PA when I was 8 months pregnant. Talk about stess. Most OB/GYNs would not take me because of the short notice, even though I had all my medical records in hand and had every scheduled exam.

We went to every hospital in the Charlotte area. We decided on CMC Pineville because it was mommy-focused, had their own wing, and was very homey with private rooms. Well, I wished I had gone uptown. I was told so many different things by every person on staff that I was in tears and angry most of the time I was there. I was even told that my child had deformed ears. WRONG.

Awful experience. GO anywhere but there.

I recommend Eastover oB/GYN near the Arboretum.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:23 PM

54 posts, read 175,263 times
Is MC-University Uptown?

I am going to be in Fort Mill, so I don't want to far a drive.

I hate to hear you were told your baby had deformities. That is every mom's nightmare.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiev View Post
Is MC-University Uptown?

I am going to be in Fort Mill, so I don't want to far a drive.

I hate to hear you were told your baby had deformities. That is every mom's nightmare.

Jackie, the university area would be too far from Fort Mill thru too much traffic. Have you considered the hospital in Rock Hill? I still love Presbyterian Uptown the best, but even that might feel too far for you from Fort Mill - 25 minutes during non traffic time.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM

98 posts, read 816,352 times
jackie, i haven't truly read all of this entire thread, but as a mom, my advise to you is do your homework. research these hospitals yourself. go and visit all of them. i don't know how much time you have left in your prego state, but once you start researching on the web at hospital and doctor stats and stuff and what kind of technology these hospitals can offer to you and your child, say there, God forbid, is a complication, you will know which one to go to. good luck and God speed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte