Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:43 PM

198 posts, read 291,207 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

Hope all are doing good :-)

I am writing into this forum after I am totally exhausted and confused with my internet search results...
Let me give you all a little insight on what I am talking about...

My husband and I are planning to start a family soon and wanted to start it right...We will be really grateful if anybody can recommend us a good OBGYN.. and also which is the best place to deliver a baby ...

We stay near Southpark and it will really help if there is any good facility present around that.

Thanks to all in advance :-)

Warm Regards,
Poppi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppi2012 View Post
Hi Friends,

Hope all are doing good :-)

I am writing into this forum after I am totally exhausted and confused with my internet search results...
Let me give you all a little insight on what I am talking about...

My husband and I are planning to start a family soon and wanted to start it right...We will be really grateful if anybody can recommend us a good OBGYN.. and also which is the best place to deliver a baby ...

We stay near Southpark and it will really help if there is any good facility present around that.

Thanks to all in advance :-)

Warm Regards,
Poppi

Poppi, the Bradford Women's Clinic in nearby Matthews has been well regarded for decades.

In particular, I really really like Dr. Victor Harouny.

Doctors | Bradford Clinic | Meet the Doctors | Bradford Clinic is dedicated to providing excellent care to women of all ages. We specialize in obstetrics and gynecology, which includes the examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of women's h

Presbyterian Hospital's main location has an awesome birthing center - that's where I would go.

The Birthing Experience at Presbyterian Women

And finally, once that baby comes, one of my favorite pediatricians (and you'll want to choose one while you are pregnant) is Dr. Susan Wyrick at SouthPark Pediatrics.

SouthPark Pediatrics--Pediatricians

Best of luck!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:03 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,516,521 times
I love Eastover OB offices. Dr. Taylor, Dr. Moran, Dr. Eskridge, Dr. Jain, Dr. Whitten are my favorites. They have locations in the Arboretum and at CMC Main...so not technically the southpark area, but close. I delivered at CMC Main and was very happy with everything. I have also heard that CMC Pineville is great too. The Eastover OB's only deliver at Main though and Main is connected to Levine's Childrens Hospital which has a level 4 NICU for emergencies. But truth be told, I have not heard bad things about the presby hospitals either. Good Luck!

- Eastover OB/GYN

Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 AM

430 posts, read 804,810 times
Carmel OBGYN. I adore Dr. Morris, but all the doctors are great there. There's also a husband and wife who both work there now I believe. Drs. Meek. I've heard phenomenal things about them both from my mom's group too.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 AM

841 posts, read 2,476,793 times
Check out Dr. Robert Wicker with Carolinas Medical Center. He has been my Ob/Gyn since I moved here 4 years ago. I had a miscarriage which required surgery and he was there for everything, very patient, understanding, he takes his time..he's just awesome. I just found out I am pregnant and he will be taking care of me during this pregnancy also. He was also highly recommended to me by my regular doctor.

- Robert T. Wicker Jr. MD

Old 09-13-2012, 09:35 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samana View Post
Check out Dr. Robert Wicker with Carolinas Medical Center. He has been my Ob/Gyn since I moved here 4 years ago. I had a miscarriage which required surgery and he was there for everything, very patient, understanding, he takes his time..he's just awesome. I just found out I am pregnant and he will be taking care of me during this pregnancy also. He was also highly recommended to me by my regular doctor.

- Robert T. Wicker Jr. MD
There are so many great doctors in Charlotte

Dr. Wicker does indeed have a fantastic reputation!

Congrats on the new baby, that's so awesome

Old 09-13-2012, 12:25 PM

52 posts, read 137,560 times
I use Rankin Women's Center and love Eastover Pediatrics - Dr Swetenberg is the BEST. Here is a list of the Top 2011 Drs in Charlotte and their respective practices. Bradford Clinic list listed with a Dr so i dont think you will have much problem choosing one of the suggestions that people have responded with.

Please note these are Dr's only affliated with Novant (which Presbyterian falls under) so some CMC afflitated Dr;s (Eastover OB) will not be listed which is not say they do not have good Dr's

Good luck

75 Novant Medical Group Physicians Make 2011 Best Doctors List for North Carolina - News Archive -Rankin Women's Center

Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,972 times
eastover OBGYN for us. like the previous poster said they have everything you need in case something goes wrong. My sister is a ped's nurse and insisted on us having our boy there versus a small neighborhood hospital. He ended up needing heart surgery go figure, Levine's is great god forbid you ever need it.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:08 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,138,526 times
I'm in the middle of a high risk pregnancy and have switched to CMC affiliated drs from Presby. We had the most horrific experience imaginable w/Presby docs and the difference at CMC is incredible. Nothing but wonderful care, support and monitoring for me and my precious baby. I will never visit another Presby dr again. That being said, I've learned through my awful experience that you are your best advocate, so if you try one practice and aren't happy there, don't hesitate to switch affiliations and try again. It has literally made the difference between my baby being left to die without a second thought and good, knowledgable doctors and nurses who are working with me to save her.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,089,196 times
I cannot recommend Eastover OB enough. I go to the main facility uptown and see Dr. Matkins. It's a considerable drive for me as I live on the outskirts of Union County. He's incredible, as is the entire staff. Eastover's doctors deliver at CMC-Main and truly, if something should go wrong, I don't believe it gets any better than Levine's, which is a part of CMC.

It is truly comforting to know that during this high risk pregnancy I have access to a Level IV NICU. We lost our newborn son a year ago today and I have no doubt that the outcome would have been very different had I not delivered at one of the smaller, local hospitals. I wouldn't trust them to treat a hang nail at this point.

I feel very confident this time around as I am receiving top notch care at Eastover and have no reservations about delivering at CMC-Main.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte