Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 07:56 PM

211 posts, read 501,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
It could be. I'm sorry you're so sick! You can definitely develop bronchitis or sinus and ear infections from allergies, but it's usually after you've had symptoms for a long time. You can also run a low fever with just allergies, but if you had a fever when you went to see the Dr. he/she might have assumed you had some type of infection as well.

If after taking your antibiotics you aren't feeling well again, try some over the counter allergy stuff and see if that helps. Are you new here as well? I told AmandaEve on another thread that I was super sick the first year we lived here, but it's gotten better since then.

yes new.. moved in august 2009 ive been sick quite a bit since ive moved here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 08:15 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,359,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanak View Post
same here! went to drs and gave me antibotics. chicago never had this much pollen
I went to the doctor today and got both antibiotics and anti-dizziness medication, plus instructions to continue on Sudafed.

The antibiotics are to be used only midweek if I'm getting worse, especially in my left ear which is also full of fluid. The assumption is if it is viral it will improve by Wednesday. So I will wait it out till then. ::sigh::

Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,359,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Are you new here as well? I told AmandaEve on another thread that I was super sick the first year we lived here, but it's gotten better since then.
I have noticed too that I have all sorts of strange things going on this first year! My mother-in-law was also super sick the first year she moved from Illinois to Michigan. So I'm expecting better things after this summer.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,644,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanak View Post
yes new.. moved in august 2009 ive been sick quite a bit since ive moved here
This will be my third summer here. The first one was fine but the next spring I started with the allergies. Never had them in Florida, except change of weather sinus infections. Then in the early fall of my second year the sinus infections started. One after the other. And everything went from my head to my lungs. I was always on antibiotics. Last summer I went for allergy tests and I am allergic to pretty much everything here. I started getting shots and slowly things have improved. I am at the 6 month level now where the shots are starting to kick in. Knock wood, no sinus infection since February. Knock wood. Knock wood.

Even though this pollen is bothering me, it's not as bad for me as it used to be. I also take Zyrtec and have inhalers which help.

I love this time of year, but mostly from inside!

Hope you feel better soon and one little word of advice. If it keeps up, go to an ENT and get tested. And don't wait as long as I did. My bad for waiting and my doctor for not sending me sooner.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 PM

211 posts, read 501,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrick View Post
This will be my third summer here. The first one was fine but the next spring I started with the allergies. Never had them in Florida, except change of weather sinus infections. Then in the early fall of my second year the sinus infections started. One after the other. And everything went from my head to my lungs. I was always on antibiotics. Last summer I went for allergy tests and I am allergic to pretty much everything here. I started getting shots and slowly things have improved. I am at the 6 month level now where the shots are starting to kick in. Knock wood, no sinus infection since February. Knock wood. Knock wood.

Even though this pollen is bothering me, it's not as bad for me as it used to be. I also take Zyrtec and have inhalers which help.

I love this time of year, but mostly from inside!

Hope you feel better soon and one little word of advice. If it keeps up, go to an ENT and get tested. And don't wait as long as I did. My bad for waiting and my doctor for not sending me sooner.

i have been tested and whats amusing about it i am allergic to mold not pollen, ive been living in my shower last few days to hack up the remanding.

i sure feel better than yesterday! although dizzy spells do happen

Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Yeah mold is one of them for me. The nurse doing the test told me that's it's not necessarily the mold we find in our houses, but apparently when grass, plants, and bugs die outside they can mold over. A breeze comes and it's in the air and we breathe it. Kind of grossed me out!

Glad you're better. So many people I know who don't normally have problems are suffering this year. And I'm glad I missed last week's high numbers because we were out of town. Hopefully we only have a month to go!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Ani posted this in another thread. Pollen.com - National Allergy Forecast for Today

Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
I heard on GMA this morning some natural aids for allergies. The doctor they interviewed said to take a small bit, maybe 1/2 a teaspoon, of LOCAL honey daily. Because it's made locally, it has the allergens that surround us in it & it helps to build up a tolerance to the pollen. Interesting, makes sense. He also said to eat more berries & to do a nasal rinse (warm water & sea salt) daily.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM

604 posts, read 1,307,285 times
We have a 2 year old in day care that is always sick. That means we are always sick. We have a 19 year old in college. When she comes home, she gets sick.

The cold winter contributed to the problem.
Now it is the allergies!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I heard on GMA this morning some natural aids for allergies. The doctor they interviewed said to take a small bit, maybe 1/2 a teaspoon, of LOCAL honey daily. Because it's made locally, it has the allergens that surround us in it & it helps to build up a tolerance to the pollen. Interesting, makes sense. He also said to eat more berries & to do a nasal rinse (warm water & sea salt) daily.
A woman I work with told me her father started eating the local honey when he first moved here years ago. He has very few problems. She on the other hand is as bad as me. So now we use the local honey on everything and any time we can. I hope it works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte