Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 07:16 AM

198 posts, read 643,918 times

Advertisements

While driving uptown the other day, I noticed a new tapas place right next to Zink on Tryon. The Steel Vine, or something like that? I tried Googling about it and searching this forum, but nothing came up.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it open yet? Hubby and I are thinking about meeting uptown for dinner tonight and it was my first thought -- I LOVE tapas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 07:56 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,378,471 times
It is open. It's where the old CVS used to be. Dandelion Market is also technically a tapas place. Around the corner where LaVecchia's used to be.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:36 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,815,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM08 View Post
While driving uptown the other day, I noticed a new tapas place right next to Zink on Tryon. The Steel Vine, or something like that? I tried Googling about it and searching this forum, but nothing came up.

Anyone know anything about it? Is it open yet? Hubby and I are thinking about meeting uptown for dinner tonight and it was my first thought -- I LOVE tapas!
It's definitely open - I was handed a menu during the St Paddy's Day parade.
I'm sorry that I don't recall the name either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
It is open. It's where the old CVS used to be. Dandelion Market is also technically a tapas place. Around the corner where LaVecchia's used to be.
I think you mean Latorre's

Old 04-01-2010, 09:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,685,741 times
Is it this place?

thewoodenvine.com, the wooden vine, wooden vine,

Their website is poorly designed, IMO. It says they are only open from 4 pm - midnight but there is a link to the lunch menu? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Old 04-01-2010, 10:59 AM

I did mean LaTorre's! Sorry for the confusion. And to add to further confusion, the owners of Dandelion Market have not taken down the LaTorre's sign yet. Not sure what they're waiting for. And, IMHO, any restaurant uptown, especially where that is located at the bottom of the IJL building, that does NOT serve lunch to all of the people uptown at lunchtime, is missing out on an enormous opportunity.

Last edited by chuckles34; 04-01-2010 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: adding one more point

Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,685,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
I did mean LaTorre's! Sorry for the confusion. And to add to further confusion, the owners of Dandelion Market have not taken down the LaTorre's sign yet. Not sure what they're waiting for. And, IMHO, any restaurant uptown, especially where that is located at the bottom of the IJL building, that does NOT serve lunch to all of the people uptown at lunchtime, is missing out on an enormous opportunity.
I drive past that place almost every day and didn't know that the DM was there. I knew LaTorre's closed but had no idea something new was there. Agreed about the lunch comment. Wolfman's delivers uptown but not during lunch hours which confuses the heck out of me.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Dandelion Market is really wonderful. I've been a few times and I really like it. It's owned by the same people who on Connelly's, Madison's, Tyber Creek and a few others. I think it has a regular lunch menu but a lot of small plates at night along with a great selection of beers and wines. I'm not a big lamb fan but the last time I was there someone at the next table ordered some and I had to try it. Delicious. Haven't tried for lunch yet. I'm a little bummed that the Chinese and Indian places at the bottom of Ivey's are gone. They weren't fabulous but were pretty good. There aren't a lot of options like that uptown anymore. A lot of chains.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,815,190 times
While on the subject of Dandilion Market, here is a piece about it in the Obsever:
Dandelion cooks up big plans as a small-plates meeting place - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2009/11/06/1039338/dandelion-cooks-up-big-plans-as.html - broken link)

Old 04-02-2010, 08:07 AM

198 posts, read 643,918 times
We ended up not going to the tapas place (The Wooden Vine) because several people we met for drinks prior to dinner told us it's much more of a wine bar that just happens to have a few tapas on the menu. If anyone's actually been there to eat, I would love to hear their impressions.

We went to Aria instead, and ended up getting terrible service.

But Dandelion Market sounds good -- we will probably check it out for lunch one of these days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte