Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 01:53 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,938,721 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I'm hoping for some information here. I'm looking for a basic summary of what is going on in Downtown (uptown?) Charlotte. Basically, I'm planning on coming to the city to photograph the city. I will be doing aerials and ground photos, but I need to know where the skyline stands. How much of the skyline is still under construction. If there are towers still going up, about to break ground etc. I could be down as early as next week, but it may be a little later. Either way, I plan to be in Charlotte at least twice this summer and plan to really beef up my photos of the city..

I just need to know how much the city will still change over the next year or more or how cluttered the skyline is today with partially constructed buildings, cranes etc. Also, if you can think of any really great vantage points (ground or air), I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 02:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
I was just Uptown doing the same thing YES the skyline has changed a lot last year and I see
several cranes Uptown so it will change even more in this growing city

Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM

554 posts, read 1,509,445 times
Actually the cranes are gone for the Duke Buildling and the condos, which is good..it looks good in uptown. I am sure that there are going to be even more buildings rising throughout the years but it looks really good right now :-)

Old 03-26-2010, 02:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
Actually the cranes are gone for the Duke Buildling and the condos, which is good..it looks good in uptown. I am sure that there are going to be even more buildings rising throughout the years but it looks really good right now :-)
I saw three more cranes on the opposite side of the city

Old 03-26-2010, 08:36 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,757,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Hello.

I'm hoping for some information here. I'm looking for a basic summary of what is going on in Downtown (uptown?) Charlotte. Basically, I'm planning on coming to the city to photograph the city. I will be doing aerials and ground photos, but I need to know where the skyline stands. How much of the skyline is still under construction. If there are towers still going up, about to break ground etc. I could be down as early as next week, but it may be a little later. Either way, I plan to be in Charlotte at least twice this summer and plan to really beef up my photos of the city..

I just need to know how much the city will still change over the next year or more or how cluttered the skyline is today with partially constructed buildings, cranes etc. Also, if you can think of any really great vantage points (ground or air), I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!
Not sure of what you're really asking here, but at any rate. You'll see cranes up at the following sites...

Sierra Hotel beside Bobcats arena

UNCC building not far from Sierra Hotel/Arena above

This is a condo bldg that foreclosed under construction and was recently repurchased by a new developer. He has put a new crane up at this building as well. Its also in the same vincinty as the sites above.

In the photo below, the cranes have come down on the two bldgs to the left, but the one to the far right still has the crane up, its a new Bank of America Building. The condo on the far left has the crane down, but its still under construction.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,938,721 times
That helps a lot Carolina Blue. So that tall building in the last photo looks complete on the outside? That helps me out a lot. The skyline should look pretty good then. Are there any new skyline changing buildings that might go up in the near future?

Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,189,857 times
The crane on the new BAC building @ 5th & College is coming down this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: