Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,245 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I will be moving to Charlotte in August and are trying to get a leg up on the living search. We have definitely decided on living in Uptown and are looking for a 2 BR/2 BA in the 1200-1300 range/month if possible, 1400 would probably be the max.

Just from looking at apartment sites online I have identified the following places: Camden Southend, Post gateway, Post Uptown place, Camden Cotton Mills, Camden Grandview, and Catalyst (seems like itll be out of the price range). Does anybody have any experience to share with any of these places?

I have been to apartmentratings.com and to be honest just about all of these places have less than great reviews. Renting a condo is also an option if we can find one in the price range. We will certainly check these places out in person in the coming months, but any insight would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM

10 posts, read 16,462 times
I've been in Post Uptown for a month now and like it a lot. My one complaint is that people in the hall can be a little loud, as the sound reverberates down the length of it. The building is built around a courtyard on one half, and the parking deck on the other, and my neighbors on the outer ring of the building tell me that the train is really loud. I'm on the interior of the ring and do not notice the train at all, and most of these (if not all, I only know about Gateway, Uptown, and Cotton Mill) are very close to the tracks. I really like the location, and having parking is really nice as well. I've not been here that long but will help with any questions you might have to the best of my ability.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:23 PM

162 posts, read 731,653 times
You could check Craigslist also for deals. There are a few people there that rent investment property or condos they used to live in. I have a 2B/2b available right now to rent across the street from the uptown Harris Teeter. PM me if you are interested

I have heard the same thing about Post Uptown, nice building, somewhat noisy. As far as uptown overall, if you want the true experience of walking to work, entertainment, the grocery store, etc. 4th ward is hard to beat. I know I had fun when I was there.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,245 times
Thanks guys. I would expect to be in a somewhat noisy environment being downtown in a city so that is to be expected I think. Does Post Uptown come with a washer and dryer and pretty modern utilities?

Thanks for the suggestion on Craigslist, I will check that out for Condos as we get closer to moving. In general is it possible to get a nice 2 BR/BA for 1200-1300/month?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM

15 posts, read 61,074 times
Default Depends on Price Range

There are so many vacancies in uptown right now that make sure you negotiate rent when going through landlords or private owners. How much are you looking to spend? Catalyst is defintiely the nicest out of all the downtown apartment but bit more expensive and the location absolutely sucks. There's nothing really around area other football stadium and place is really quiet at night. I'd suggest 4th ward if you want to be closer to the entertainment and restaurants.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:54 AM

6 posts, read 13,291 times
I'm thinking of moving into Post Gateway towards the end of the month. For those who have lived there, were the residents friendly? Did you meet alot of new people? Are there social activities? And lastly, could you hear the freight train at night? Not sure how close the actual tracks are to the apartment. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:50 PM

162 posts, read 731,653 times
1200-1300 a month? yes, it is possible. I am pretty sure Post is in that range. My place is a little more, but I am flexible based the situation.

You can hear the freight train in most places in 4th Ward. It isn't bad at all, you get used to it since it is a few blocks away and isn't really loud. The thing that gets you every once in a while are the fire trucks/ambulances and police cars at 4 am .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte