Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,464,840 times

Advertisements

I figured I should post my experience with the little known Bojangles Fried Turkey. I got the suggestion from a thread here on C-D and ordered one for Thanksgiving. It cost $43 including tax and was about a 11 lb-ish turkey after cooking. When I ordered it, the guy said they actually do them year-round and most of the time have one in the back for immediate pickup.

It came cold and bagged, already cooked obviously. It comes with instructions on how to reheat it. The wife did the reheating so I don't know the details. I think it was put in the oven for 45 minutes or so.

The flavor was good...not fantastic, but good. I've had better homemade fried turkeys, but for the convenience, it was fine. It had a light taste of Bojangles fried chicken, meaning the same seasoning.

I probably wouldn't get another one though. Instead, I'll get a turkey fryer and do it myself. Again, it wasn't bad, and it was certainly easy! I would just rather do one myself and have the fryer to make other things too later on.

I would recommend getting one if you need a fried turkey but have no fryer or time to make one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 PM

529 posts, read 1,979,151 times
Thanks for posting. I was curious as to how good they were.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,974 times
This is good info to know, espcially for an update. I'd gotten one before and had pretty much the same experience. My family thought it was pretty good, nothing spectacular, just ok. And its informative to know you still have to warm it up yourself. The very first year we got one of these, it was completely ready when we picked it up. The next year, they switched to having you warm it yourself (we didn't know this untill we got it ). I imagine they may have had problems trying to serve these fully ready.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I dont know I cant compare it with other fried turkey because I never tried any others but I didnt have an issue with any dry tasty that I normally experience with roasted turkey plus unless it cold I cant deal with that extra heat for 8 hours. Now Know they always have it in freezer I might take them up maybe around May when I'm craving turkey again

Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,211,316 times
These people should probably go BoJangles next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=473QNZss0PM

Old 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM

286 posts, read 1,045,547 times
I purchased our first fried Turkey from Bojangles for our 2008 Thanksgiving. It took an hour and a half to bring it to 160 degrees. Since I wasn't sure of how it would turn out so I made a turkey as well....on the grill!!!! The grilled turkey oozed juices when we cut into it. It was the juiciest turkey I've ever had, but I still liked the taste of the fried turkey better. We bought another one for this past Thanksgiving.

It's worth mentioning that at the end of October, the BoJangles store called me asking if I wanted to order one for this year and were offering a 10% discount if you ordered early.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:22 AM

1 posts, read 71,215 times
Default Bojangles Fried Turkey

In fariness or otherwise to Bojangles they had problems with their supplier last Thanksgiving and sold "Seasoned" Turkeys not fried. This year they have fried turkeys and they are so so much better in quality and flavor. The turkey is distributed by Butterball which set the quality of the bird.
My family is much more satisfied this year.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:42 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
Since I wasn't sure of how it would turn out so I made a turkey as well....on the grill!!!! The grilled turkey oozed juices when we cut into it. It was the juiciest turkey I've ever had, but I still liked the taste of the fried turkey better.
My Dad grilled turkey's the past few years and 'holy cow' they were fabulous! He stuffed them with citrus fruits and that created quite a flavor!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 49,622 times
What temp in the oven to heat up a whole turkey

Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 AM

1 posts, read 49,178 times
ok MY experience with the SO CALLED fried seasoned turkey did my preorder went in about 11:30 Thanksgiving day to pick up the bird well it was NOT the golden brown fried turkey that was advertised but a frozen and what looked to be raw turkey as you could see the pink in the meat. I asked the manager what this was and he said it was the turkey I ordered I said no I ordered a fried seasoned turkey he said they have no way of frying them.. I said turn around and look at your ad then look at this do they look the same he agreed and finally refunded my money but I ended up with out a turkey and family and guest ended up with stuffed pork chops needless to say I will NEVER recommend this to anyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte