Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,725,256 times

Advertisements

So the last time I was in town at 159 a nite (plus tax) I asked what could they do if I stayed a few nites a month.
The 159/nite went to 169/nite this month but for me they extended a rate of 119. Put that together with the Special Program of Holiday Inn of "stay two nites get one nite free"anytime up to the end of the year and Priority Club points etc.,....I think they owe ME money for staying there. Who said this recession is bad?? Look at the bright side of life.

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 PM

BTW: Don't think you just ask for the rate and get it based on what I said just now. They check your history and stays with the hotel.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 AM

677 posts, read 2,240,830 times
Spoken like a true Slickdealer

Old 06-10-2009, 08:11 AM

769 posts, read 2,223,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's good to "see" you!! Was wondering where you'd gone

Old 06-10-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
Well I held back a bit. Didn't get dinner included, breakfast only.
Think I'll start working on getting a private room for free for our next CD re-union. LOL
je

Old 06-10-2009, 09:36 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,921,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Well I held back a bit. Didn't get dinner included, breakfast only.
Think I'll start working on getting a private room for free for our next CD re-union. LOL
je
Yes, especially for those too hammered to drive home after!

Oh, and so long as it has a pool table too while you're at it!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 PM

102 posts, read 285,553 times
We have "slickdealers" on this site?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM

624 posts, read 2,111,187 times
Be careful with the Holiday Inn promotion, to qualify you must sign up using your Priority Club number and the reward site. Then you must make your reservation within 48 hrs of signing up otherwise it will not count.

You will be rewarded your free nights within 2-3 weeks and can book them thru I think December 29th.

But the main thing is make sure you make your reservation within 48 hrs. I've been fighting with them because I neglected that fact and only earned 2 reward nights - I stay in the same Holiday Inn 3-4 nights each week so I want "special consideration" or else I'll change to the Starwood promotion which also gives you one free night for each two booked, but does not restrict you to only 4 nights.

Currently I have three complaints pending in my Holiday Inn (Priority Club) queue.

Also this promotion is only running for about a Month, I think it wraps July 3rd.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMT View Post
Be careful with the Holiday Inn promotion, to qualify you must sign up using your Priority Club number and the reward site. Then you must make your reservation within 48 hrs of signing up otherwise it will not count.

You will be rewarded your free nights within 2-3 weeks and can book them thru I think December 29th.

But the main thing is make sure you make your reservation within 48 hrs. I've been fighting with them because I neglected that fact and only earned 2 reward nights - I stay in the same Holiday Inn 3-4 nights each week so I want "special consideration" or else I'll change to the Starwood promotion which also gives you one free night for each two booked, but does not restrict you to only 4 nights.

Currently I have three complaints pending in my Holiday Inn (Priority Club) queue.

Also this promotion is only running for about a Month, I think it wraps July 3rd.
This is why I post things like the subject thread on City Data. There are a lot of smart people here.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on guard.
John

Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM

624 posts, read 2,111,187 times
Just a quick follow up - this was what I initially received back from their service center:

Quote:
Dear Mr. XXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to contact Priority Club Rewards Service Center!

We would like to inform you that for a stay to be qualified towards the
"Stay 2 Nights - Get a Night Free" promotion, registration to the offer must be made within 48 hours of booking. All bookings made outside of 48 hours will not be counted.

Our records show that you registered to the offer on 27 April 2009 and you booked the stay in Memphis, TN on May 4th, 11th, and 17th on 04 April 2009, while your stay in North Huntingdon, PA was booked on April 10th. As such, those did not qualify for the promotion. However, you received points for all of those stays.

Your current point balance is XXXXXXX.
Since then they have awarded me the 4 free nights, just needed to be a little more vocal with my initial dissatisfaction even though I'll admit it was my fault for not reading the fine print.

Though used correctly this is a great deal. I stayed two nights in Memphis for 83 a night, and am using my reward night to stay at the Willard Hotel (Address 1401 Pennsylvania Ave in Washington DC) which normally books at a minimum of 300 a night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte