Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:00 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,750,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooleythecat View Post
hi. i just moved to idaho from charlotte... awful place, i was there 17 years...outside of charlotte, union county much better, much safer. schools will be better... north carolina freeways leave much to be desired.. if you can go east of charlotte you will be better off... charlotte has crummy schools, gangs by the truck load. no mall shopping at night.. unless you bring your own gun... i hated it and am in idaho, small town, no gangs... kinda nice. hope this helps, i don't mean to rain on your parade but buyer be ware.
Just a heads up....
I was getting gas this morning and three truck loads of gangs were there filling up and they said they were headed to Idaho to expand business. Be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Just a heads up....
I was getting gas this morning and three truck loads of gangs were there filling up and they said they were headed to Idaho to expand business. Be careful.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - okay, you win for laugh of the day

Seriously folks, we don't have "truckloads" of gangs all over Charlotte.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM

476 posts, read 1,577,266 times
Quote:
Just a heads up....
Definitley laugh of the day! Keep em coming!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooleythecat View Post
hi. i just moved to idaho from charlotte... awful place, i was there 17 years...outside of charlotte, union county much better, much safer. schools will be better... north carolina freeways leave much to be desired.. if you can go east of charlotte you will be better off... charlotte has crummy schools, gangs by the truck load. no mall shopping at night.. unless you bring your own gun... i hated it and am in idaho, small town, no gangs... kinda nice. hope this helps, i don't mean to rain on your parade but buyer be ware.
This is the craziest post I have ever read on this forum....even crazier than Duke's exaggerations.

Glad you are gone from here and have found a place you like...everyone deserves that. But don't make huge exaggerations about my city that have no merit. The only way you were experiencing gangs and the inability to shop at night is if you lived in the hood; maybe you did, every city has one and Charlotte is no exception.

RedNC's post: HILARIOUS! That is GOLD, baby!

Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM

396 posts, read 1,632,284 times
Quote:
Just a heads up....
I think I'm going to laugh for days over this.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:40 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,750,125 times
Apparently my comment wasn’t appreciated by one person. I got a negative response from them. Here it is; “Off topic, flaming. Sarcasm and public ridicule are not acceptable. (plus your comment is idiotic).”

Now that's is funny.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,851,027 times
Quote:
Apparently my comment wasn’t appreciated by one person. I got a negative response from them. Here it is; “Off topic, flaming. Sarcasm and public ridicule are not acceptable. (plus your comment is idiotic).”

Now that's is funny.
For the poster that gave Red negative rep - you miss the point of Red's comment entirely. First of all, Red was not off topic - he was answering a ridiculous charge in a previous post with an equally ridiculous comment. When people post crazy, extreme or exaggerated things SOMEBODY has to be the voice of reason. This time it was Red, and I thank him/her

Old 04-14-2007, 07:23 AM

227 posts, read 293,946 times
many people on the interweb have no sense of humor. Especially Yankees.
Quote:

Now that's is funny.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:53 AM

396 posts, read 1,632,284 times
Quote:

Now that's is funny.
I tried to give you double positive....but got dinged. It's a double in my book!!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:30 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,919,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For the poster that gave Red negative rep - you miss the point of Red's comment entirely. First of all, Red was not off topic - he was answering a ridiculous charge in a previous post with an equally ridiculous comment. When people post crazy, extreme or exaggerated things SOMEBODY has to be the voice of reason. This time it was Red, and I thank him/her
Oh cripe, that same doofus gave me a negative for my comment on this thread as well. Here it is:
Quote:
Inflammatory, rude. No need for personal attacks. Please revise your post. You're losing credibility here.
Hey, sign your name next time instead of hiding. Obviously someone is abusing the feedback system. Saying something/someone exaggerates is not inflammatory. Um sorry Duke but you DO exaggerate at times, everyone has said that-- it was not a "flaming" remark. And as for "revise my post"..... you don't know how hard I laughed at that! Dream on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte