Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:06 AM

314 posts, read 1,137,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by country heart View Post
Dear jstevens44
I was about to sign a contract to build a home from centex but heard about the take over and was concerned. It was in South Carolina that plus the high rate of unemployment made me think twice. Where in North Carolina is the unemployment at a reasonable level and the population isn't dense. We went to Cary but found the houses are small and expensive. I love Wilminton but people tell me I'm crazy anyone have suggestions I keep going back seeing more and all I get is more questions
I'm from NJ so I'm scared about everything also the waterways are suppose to be polluted someone said where are they and do they affect the fish population. I eat a lot of it. I am looking for a office job or a school nursing job am I just dreaming. Haven't had much luck in either state when I've gone looking and I hate paying for license fees and fingerprinting for each state it comes over 200 dollars then traveling to different areas. I need a large area for my dogs and three bedrooms and perhaps a extra room for a den and laundry. Garage is a must and I have to have a fence over 6ft my dogs are big. People tell me sub divisions are out. Centex had told me when would let me in SC but I pulled out at the last minute when I found people who were looking for work in my field and taking part time retail jobs. Hospitals are great but I'm getting too old. HELP

I wish I had ANY answers for you. I don't know of anyplace where unemployement isn't bad. I just moved here, so I literally know almost nothing about North or South Carolina other than what little I know about Charlotte. Most of it from reading the posts on this forum. I'll offer tidbits here and there, but I'm no means your go to source for information. There are MUCH more knowledgeable people on this forum who might be able to help you. I came here with a job, so I really don't know the first thing about looking for one in this area. I'm really fortunate to be in an industry in which there are not enough experienced people fill all of the positions around the country, so I pretty much had my pick of where I wanted to go. I thought Charlotte looked and sounded nice, so here I am.

Good luck to you though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte