Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM

10 posts, read 42,854 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the name of the "new" place where you can watch a movie and have drinks? Someone was telling me about it, but they didn't know where or the name, just that it was here in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 02:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC3 View Post
Does anyone know the name of the "new" place where you can watch a movie and have drinks? Someone was telling me about it, but they didn't know where or the name, just that it was here in Charlotte.
I think you mean the new one at the Epicenter in uptown Charlotte, but there is also one in Ballantyne

Ballantyne Village Theatre (http://www.bvtheatre.com/ - broken link)

Old 02-09-2009, 02:17 PM

EpiCentre Theaters
210 E Trade St
Charlotte, NC 28202

(704) 688-2400

Old 02-09-2009, 02:24 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Yes, but can you drink inside the movie theater? I'm not talking about over priced Cokes, I am talking about over priced beer and wine.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Yes, but can you drink inside the movie theater? I'm not talking about over priced Cokes, I am talking about over priced beer and wine.
That's what I've read about both places - drinks from the bar are allowed inside.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:01 AM

10 posts, read 42,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That's what I've read about both places - drinks from the bar are allowed inside.
Thank you.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:13 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think you mean the new one at the Epicenter in uptown Charlotte, but there is also one in Ballantyne

Ballantyne Village Theatre (http://www.bvtheatre.com/ - broken link)
Thanks for the website, maybe I can get DH to go to the movies since he can have an adult beverage, ha!

I also marked it as a resource for a company meeting. Those referances are always good to have.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,715,154 times
The hot new place is the Epicenter Theater uptown which has a full nice restaurant with it. You can bring your favorite adult drinks in with you to watch the movie

EpiCentre Theaters

Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 AM

124 posts, read 361,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC3 View Post
The Ballantyne Village Theater is on the 3rd floor, has a huge lobby with comfortable seating, fab skyline view of CLT, seats in theater are big and comfortable (enough to cause drowsiness) :-) ,plenty of leg room good concession stand and lots of restaurants and interesting places in the village to walk around and see. Saw "Slumlord Milionaire" was great but you might want to sit in the back of theater if you go cause there is plenty of breath holding action.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM

94 posts, read 251,863 times
They had places like that in TX called Movie Taverns. The doors are closed once the trailers start so no late arrivals and a waitress comes by and takes orders. (Restaurant style food, beer and wine) About 1/4 of the way through the movie 30 waiters come all at once bringing the food. Amazingly they don't interefere with the movie at all. I think if you want refills you have to get them yourself. The seats are like round bucket seats seating 2-3 people with a little table. The aisles are really wide so I think the waiter that brings the food is always walking behind the bucket seats are are low enough from the aisle behind them that there is no blocking or interrupting the movie. It was noneventul when the food came, all of a sudden it was there.

The Movie Taverns were located in strip malls close to the malls with the mega theaters. They only showed 3 different films a week and you needed to get your tickets in advance as they sold out and seating was limited. It was really a great idea and a cool experience. I didn't know they weren't everywhere until I looked to see if there was one here. There isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte