Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 PM

240 posts, read 1,023,607 times

Advertisements

I just received a call from a well known national builder in Charlotte that I visited in March. He called me to let me know that they were having an incentive where the lot premium was eliminated and he reduced the base price of the house by $5,000. A total reduction close to $15,000.

I know there is a problem with people selling homes in other area of the country is the market in Charlotte changing also. Is this reduction due to the many people in Fl, AZ, NY or where ever that cannot sell there house and therefore cannot purchase a home in NC. (Trickle down effect) I'm curious to anyone's opinion on this subject.

I have already decided to rent for 6-9 months before I commit to a permanent home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2006, 01:18 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,481,376 times
Well I had to put down only 1000,00 if I have to lose it no big deal.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:21 PM

Where was this? What area and what builder?

Old 06-21-2006, 02:23 PM

212 posts, read 924,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Well I had to put down only 1000,00 if I have to lose it no big deal.
alm, what builder did you go with? So did you purchase in Mooresville or ??

Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 PM

Dr Horton in Davidson. The Farm
Ryland in Mooresville Linwood Farms has gone up 13,000 since May.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Charlotte Real Estate

Sorry, I tried to send a message back and I kept getting a busy server message.

The builder was Ryan Homes, Meadows at Mint Hill

2/3 acre lot , house in the mid 300ks range

Old 06-21-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Charlotte Real Estate Market

Maybe the pricing depends on the area of Charlotte. It seems that Mooresville, Davidson, S. Charlotte etc. are very hot. I doubt if you would see so many price incentives. Other areas may have to be more competitive.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian
Sorry, I tried to send a message back and I kept getting a busy server message.

The builder was Ryan Homes, Meadows at Mint Hill

2/3 acre lot , house in the mid 300ks range

Oh Mint Hill. That looks like a nice area but pricey.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,558,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonian
I just received a call from a well known national builder in Charlotte that I visited in March. He called me to let me know that they were having an incentive where the lot premium was eliminated and he reduced the base price of the house by $5,000. A total reduction close to $15,000.

I know there is a problem with people selling homes in other area of the country is the market in Charlotte changing also. Is this reduction due to the many people in Fl, AZ, NY or where ever that cannot sell there house and therefore cannot purchase a home in NC. (Trickle down effect) I'm curious to anyone's opinion on this subject.

I have already decided to rent for 6-9 months before I commit to a permanent home.
I was trying to figure out if Charlotte RE was slowing down too. My take is no it hasn't. Charlotte never really "bubbled" like the Northeast and CA. It's been a nice steady increase- as I understand it more and more, bubbles are not really a good thing (even though I benefited from the RE increase in MA).

My builder to (Centex) has been raising prices on their base plans $3K/mo for the last 4 months or so. I don't know if that will continue but I think for new homes it still seems pretty hot, for homes probably greater than 5-10 years it might have slowed a little bit- I still see lots of good deals out there on non-new homes.

Even though it's a buyers market in the bubble areas, you can still sell at a good price (although your not going to make out as good as those who sold a year ago- they cashed out big time), and move that money into a more moderate and reasonable RE growth area like Charlotte.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:58 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,299,954 times
Ok...here is the Realtor's perspective. Prices always have to do with "supply and demand". So...if a builder is offering "incentives", his sales have slowed down a bit. Maybe they had projected 10 sales for the month and they only had 8. So...offer an incentive or give some free options and sales go up. Then...when sales are good...they will raise prices on the new homes for every 5 they sell. New homes usually outsell older homes because we have so many new neighborhoods and buyers get a great selection. If you buy in a new neighborhood, I always check and find out how long before the neighborhood will be complete because you don't want to sell while the building is still going on because your competition will be the new homes. Does this make sense? I try to educate my buyers so they don't have any surprises along the way. Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte