Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,036,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
HEE HEE. Well, it is just the oddest thing. We think she uses this as her excuse to never visit here. Maybe she just doesn't like our family. She has such a nasty, condescending attitude on the few occasions she has come here. We were in SouthPark and she had the audacity to ask "Well, where are the really NICE areas around here?" I thought - HUH?
Well, compared to Joliet...yeah, that was nasty.

But, SouthPark truly does not compare to some of the REALLY ritzy areas of Chicago. However, unless you actually LIVE in one of those areas, well, that is a moot point. (and, who cares anyway?)

Old 12-12-2008, 11:21 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Well, compared to Joliet...yeah, that was nasty.

But, SouthPark truly does not compare to some of the REALLY ritzy areas of Chicago. However, unless you actually LIVE in one of those areas, well, that is a moot point. (and, who cares anyway?)
Yeah, to us . . .you go visit your relatives - to spend time with your relatives! You don't even think about where they live! I mean . . . it wouldn't matter where my sister lived . . . when I am visiting her, I am spending time with HER, not w/ the city in which she lives!! LOL!!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:22 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Can anyone tell me why, when there's a sign that says "Exit Only 1 mile", it's acceptable to ride not only that mile, but another 150 feet on the apron before merging? Why do these people insist that their time is more valuable than mine (or yours)? One of those things that just really **** me off!!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Can anyone tell me why, when there's a sign that says "Exit Only 1 mile", it's acceptable to ride not only that mile, but another 150 feet on the apron before merging? Why do these people insist that their time is more valuable than mine (or yours)? One of those things that just really **** me off!!
When you say "apron" - do you mean the shoulder? Or what?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Quote:
When you say "apron" - do you mean the shoulder? Or what?
I do- sorry!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
I do- sorry!
I am very literal, HEE HEE - probably everyone else knew what you meant.

Well, I hate it, too, but see it regularly!!! My instinct is - wish I could just BLOCK THEM. Here I am . . . following the rules and being polite and then some jerk goes speeding by, intending to worm his/her way in front of a car on up the line and I think - why do you think your time is more valuable than mine (and the other people's as well?) It is arrogant as well as inconsiderate.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah, to us . . .you go visit your relatives - to spend time with your relatives! You don't even think about where they live! I mean . . . it wouldn't matter where my sister lived . . . when I am visiting her, I am spending time with HER, not w/ the city in which she lives!! LOL!!!!
yeah, not so much in Chicago. You have to live in the RIGHT area to even be granted a visit, let alone spend time with them!

Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,776 times
Quote:
I am very literal, HEE HEE - probably everyone else knew what you meant.

Well, I hate it, too, but see it regularly!!! My instinct is - wish I could just BLOCK THEM. Here I am . . . following the rules and being polite and then some jerk goes speeding by, intending to worm his/her way in front of a car on up the line and I think - why do you think your time is more valuable than mine (and the other people's as well?) It is arrogant as well as inconsiderate.
I hate to say it but if I see that a lane is shutting down I wait till the lane actually starts to close before I merge. Traffic gets backed up because everyone lines up in that right lane 3 miles early. What is dangerous is when someone thinks they can sit in both lanes to block anyone from passing. That usually gets them reported to shp.

/rant.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
I hate to say it but if I see that a lane is shutting down I wait till the lane actually starts to close before I merge. Traffic gets backed up because everyone lines up in that right lane 3 miles early. What is dangerous is when someone thinks they can sit in both lanes to block anyone from passing. That usually gets them reported to shp.

/rant.
I don't think the problem is people who gradually merge over. I think the problem is when people see everyone in two lanes and then speed up the side on the SHOULDER and then aggressively nose their way (wedge themselves) b/n other drivers. That is what is so aggravating.

Merging as the lane runs out - as long as no one is going too fast or acting aggressive - that is not a big deal. In fact, sometimes I have tried to merge for 2 miles and no one will let me in - and then the lane narrows - and I find myself in a mess. Usually, someone will let me merge long b/f it gets to that stage, tho.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM

Today was so pretty & sunny outside. I was so enjoying it after the last few days of gloom. And, it wasn't so horribly cold, either. The wind was a bit nippy...

Guess that waxing poetic over a little sun is kind'a crazy, huh? and, hating that the sun is going down is just as nutzo...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte