Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM

46 posts, read 114,480 times

Advertisements

My husband will be transferring but not sure where yet. Actually his company said we can pick an area and they can work around it. His company is headquartered in Raleigh/Durham but he would only go there maybe twice a month. We are looking near Charlotte but do not know where to start. Friends in NC have suggested Harrisburg, Huntersville, Belmont, Sherrills Ford, Monroe, Waxhaw, Denver to name a few. Any other areas near Charlotte that we may get a house on an acre of land. We would like something new as our house is only a year and half old.
My husband would like to build but I think it would take to long and it would be too stressful while trying to sell our house here in NH. He also would like at least an acre. Hes a country guy hes only lived in NH and Maine so moving is going to be a big change for him but hes ready and I am REALLY READY. I am excited and nervous. This has been an informative sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 05:39 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,157,895 times
Smile Move to NC

Hi Cindy,

It is hard to find an acre of land in Charlotte but there are outlying areas where you could. It all depends on where you choose to locate. I can give you some valuable information, ie websites to view available properties as well as tax info and schools, etc. If you're interested send me a private message for details. Good luck.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:59 PM

68 posts, read 185,821 times
There are plenty of wonderful areas around Charlotte to choose from, it all depends on what exactly you are looking for in your new town and what price point you are looking in.
Try this website and click on useful links at the top. You will be able to find all sorts of information from demographics to median homes prices to tax and school information. I hope you find this helpful.

http://www.newcomer.com/cities/charlotte/CHLTlakenorman.html (broken link)

Old 02-04-2007, 06:07 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,848,040 times
As previously stated you can cross off Huntersville should you be looking for an acre to build on. You could possibly get it out by Denver. Do you guys have children? What do you like to do after business hours?

Old 02-04-2007, 06:24 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,512,043 times
Do you have a price range?

Would your DH work in Uptown? Or work from home? This would make a difference I would think.

Dawn

Old 02-04-2007, 06:39 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,848,040 times
My husband will be transferring but not sure where yet. Actually his company said we can pick an area and they can work around it. His company is headquartered in Raleigh/Durham but he would only go there maybe twice a month

Old 02-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
As previously stated you can cross off Huntersville should you be looking for an acre to build on. You could possibly get it out by Denver. Do you guys have children? What do you like to do after business hours?
We have no children. My husband loves to hunt and fish. I love to shop, sometimes go to the movies, we like to eat out but love to cook at home just as much. But if we feel like eating out we just want to be able to find something close by I absolutely cannot do that where I live now. No malls nearby, Grocery store is two towns away. I cannot even tell you how far the gas station is so moving is heaven to me. There are no STORES period around here. We moved to be closer to his job so when he brought up this possible transfer I begged him to consider it.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Do you have a price range?

Would your DH work in Uptown? Or work from home? This would make a difference I would think.

Dawn

I guess I better think of a price range. I noticed prices are not quite as high as here. My 1900 square foot house we bought 1 and half years ago cost us just above $300,000. Hopefully we can spend less than that for something decent.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:32 PM

673 posts, read 2,685,141 times
Default an acre of land

Try Mint Hill. You can get large lots there.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 23,923 times
The site we used to locate our new home.

http://charlottehomesales.com/search...272&catagory=1

Not sure how all-inclusive it id but it was extermely accurate and up to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte