Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:58 PM

54 posts, read 226,880 times

Advertisements

Hello again... I'm moving to Charlotte this thursday and I have this HUGE hole in my tooth that i've been ignoring since 2005 lol. Anyway, i'd figure a root canal is a long winded procedure with waiting for crowns to come in and bla bla bla so I wanted to wait to get it done until I moved.. ANYWAY, all that being said, are there any GREAT AMAZING wonderful #1 dentists in the Charlotte area? Me and my husband and our pooch will be living in North Charlotte/university type area, but i mean if there's a world's greatest dentist in South Charlotte.. I will travel that-a-way. I just get iffy about dentists and don't feel comfortable going to ones i've never been to before.. so really, any recommendations are welcome! I just gotta get rid of this hole =p
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 08:32 PM

65 posts, read 215,216 times
Me and my wife use DR. Hill in south charlotte, Were pretty happy with him and not too overly expensive, although the Dentist in Charlotte can charge a big buck from the research we have done, dentist here arent cheap at all

Old 06-29-2008, 08:55 PM

187 posts, read 650,934 times
Be careful too, dentist can be known to recommend a lot of things which can cost a pretty penny.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:00 PM

hey i'm an ex LIer too ... where from LI are you? I'm from East Meadow/Valley Stream. Well I don't care about the money, we have dental insurance so I'm more worried about who's going to hurt me or not =]

Old 06-30-2008, 06:22 PM

78 posts, read 234,412 times
I absolutely hate the dentist, but when I HAD to go I found Dr. Nnadi, she and her staff are great, made me feel so comfortable. They are located near the intersection of Hwy 29 and Mallard Creek Church Rd, just above the pizza place. She does cosmetic dentistry and can do minor route canals. They are very accommodating in cases of emergencies also. I would highly reccommend this office. I would suggest you make sure they accept you insurance before scheduling anything. I think that information is actually listed on their website, but things can change. Good Luck!
Dr. Stella O. Nnadi D.M.D., P.A.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 PM

65 posts, read 215,216 times
hey Sunnie, I'm from N. Bellmore, sold our house in Merrick about year 1/2 ago. Like it here alot. Not sure if Dr. Hill does root canals. It's different here. Regular dentist many times dont do root canals from what weve found out. University area, cool. I'm in Matthews, you buying or renting over there?

Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 PM

3 posts, read 12,895 times
Default dentist in U City

I'm a big fan of my dentist--Dr. Anderson at Dr. Davis, Anderson and Associates. Her office is located very near the intersection of Tryon and WT Harris by the U City police headquarters. She's done a crown for me, but she's said if I need a root canal that she has someone else very near her office do that procedure.

Dana

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 AM

550 posts, read 1,813,790 times
Welborne and White in Huntersville are excellent

Old 07-01-2008, 01:42 PM

928 posts, read 3,858,533 times
DR's Kreeb in huntersville are excellent and Dr's Armstrong and Eschleman uptown are very good. I had a root canal issue a while ago and wound up having the tooth pull after a long drawn out experience. If you want your tooth pulled you should consider an oral surgeon. Good LUck!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Nooooo, do NOT want the tooth pulled. I mean, unless that's the only choice I have. It IS the last tooth in the back of my mouth, but I still think it would be way weird without it.. so I'd like to keep it.

Okay, so you guys are all telling me that most dentists here do not do root canals? And I will have to go to someone else? Okay then, has anyone actually had a root canal and they can suggest an amazing amazing root canal dentist person? I have Aetna insurance..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte