Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,924,091 times

Advertisements

Going to attend my first event at this venue in July and would like to know some tips for getting there, parking, etc.

First question is how is traffic in the area? Should we go a certain route to get there? Any routes to avoid? We'll probably be coming in from the Concord Mills area after dinner.

How's parking? Should we buy preferred parking or is anyplace ok? Any tips to get out quickly, or should we just wait the crowd out?

Any other tips to maximize the event?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 02:23 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,662,664 times
Wish I had some specific advice, but I've never really seen much of an issue getting in or out.

I'd take Mallard Creek Church to North Tryon, go left (North) on North Tryon, and then take the right turn onto Pavillion Blvd. I haven't seen any particular problems parking on either side of the road. They'll direct you anyway.

I'd leave yourself about an hour or so after the show is over to get out. It's not that bad, really. The traffic exiting the parking lots seems to move along pretty decently. It's always easier to take a right turn as you leave.

Bring rain ponchos. Bring something like a blanket to sit on if you have lawn seats. Bring money. The refreshments aren't exactly cheap. Have fun! It's a nice place to see a show!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:09 PM

187 posts, read 649,959 times
I've been to events where parking was free and I've been to events where parking cost either 10 or 20 bucks.

I like to get there early and "tail gate" a bit and have fun then go in to the event.

I do not think perfered parking is ever needed...

Old 06-30-2008, 07:04 AM

677 posts, read 2,239,084 times
The best advice is to get there early and park as close to the exit as possible to make the quickets getaway. Sometimes you can sit into the lot for up to an hour.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,992 times
How much will it cost me to rent some of the parking area for a car show?

Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,992 times
If any one could help me out that would be awsome or tell me some good places to host a car show. e-mail me at [email]jgoldston@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 AM

550 posts, read 1,809,721 times
Parking is free in most lots unless you do VIP or preferred parking.
Traffic going in can sometimes take an hour if it's a sold out show - if it's a country show, go extra early because the lines are crazy!
Traffic going out flows pretty quickly, but can still get backed up for a good bit of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte