Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,259 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Charlotte,NC in July 09 from upstate New York. I currently work as a Computer Network Engineer at hospital and I have been working here for 8.5 years. And I have a teenage child. I just got my bachelor's in Dec 07, I was wondering if there is any real advice someone can give me about whether or not I will have a lot of difficulty finiding a job( I am aware of the current economic status!) Also would anybody know when would be a good time to start circulating resume, (i.e, 1 month in advance). Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,957,156 times
I would start circulating now. Maybe setup some sort of cell number with a Charlotte area code. Never to early to start IMO. Check Lowe's website I think they are looking for some Network Engineers.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:48 AM

628 posts, read 2,080,467 times
I would not move here without a job. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Look at other threads on this board. It can take 1 day or 6 to 7 months to find a job. Be real careful about your move and really think about moving with out a job lined up.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,259 times
Default Thank you a lot for the info

Thank you for the advice, the answers were straight to the point and honest. Also what are some good side of town to live on, I don't want to move where there is a whole lot of drama. I mind my business and just would like to live and work in this great place.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,957,156 times
Location would be determined on where you end up working. You really do not want to live on the North Side and have to drive to the south

Old 06-21-2008, 06:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,963 times
I was born and raised here in Charlotte and love everything about it, so much so that I chose to make a living off of it! Are there any specific qualities you would prefer to have in the area in which you would like to live? (i.e. malls, proximity to interstates, close to South Carolina, close to a lake, etc) The more information you can provide, the better I can assist you. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:59 PM

56 posts, read 158,411 times
Hospitals will always be growing. CMC now has the Levine Children's Hospital, recently took over Northeast Medical in Concornd. Presybtrian has just bought Lake Norman Medical Center. CMC is building a mini hospital center in Waxahw. Where there is hospital growth, your experience will be welcomed.

Where you get your job will indicate where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte