Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 05:39 AM

16 posts, read 30,706 times

Advertisements

Matthews has some nice options in the Brightmoor Neighborhood. Close to shopping, parks, not far from intown but yet far enough away to have that open feeling.

South Hampton is another great choice.

Try looking at St. Johns Forest in Weddington, Potters Trace, Potters Circle, The Reserve, Prestwick . All go to great Union County schools. You get a lot of house for your money

Also, many forclosures here on new homes, unfortunately because of people getting financed that really shouldn't have been.

Good luck, this is a great area.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 06:45 AM

797 posts, read 3,295,130 times
There isn't anything in Southampton for that price. I live there and there is 1 house in the $190's but almost everything is $220-$300k

Old 05-10-2008, 09:51 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,155,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
If you want to stay in Charlotte, I would look in the 2869 area. NE Charlotte. David Cox, Highland Creek and there is a new school opening in the fall (Hucks road). For subdivisions, try those off Hubbard Rd OakKnoll, Hubbard Woods or Cheshunt, Highland Creek etc... You can find a lot in that area.
Try Mount Holly...easy commute to Charlotte, very low crime area.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:57 AM

78 posts, read 233,732 times
We've lived in the 28269 area for 10 years and love it. When 485 completes our home will be within this beltway, we learned from living Northern Virginia that home prices inside or near the beltway soar (times have changed though). Schools are good, Alexander Middle is the only school I was not happy with. Mine are in HS now and we are pleased there, safety is not a concern. The one thing I do hate is that Prosperity Church Road has become a speedway. I have to make a Uturn, and it can be difficult at times. The speed limit is 35-40 mph, and people have passed me doing at least 50. There is a bicylce lane, which is rarely used, but the sidewalks are used everyday. We absolutely love it here.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:13 AM

125 posts, read 499,767 times
Thanks for all the advice, I will certainly have some research to do!

Old 05-11-2008, 05:45 PM

81 posts, read 309,687 times
I don't know if you are familiar with Fort Mill, SC, or the Tega Cay, SC areas. But they are just 5 to 10 minutes away from Charlotte. Taxes are supposedly lower. House values are still increasing here. Not too many forclosures. And there are several neighborhoods with those price ranges, that are nice. The schools here are all good, and low crime. Depending on where you will be working, the commute might not be bad. It is rough going uptown though, but it's bad getting there from anywhere basically. Go to Realtor.com and put the 29708 and 29715 zip codes to search.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:10 PM

125 posts, read 499,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by covhome View Post
I don't know if you are familiar with Fort Mill, SC, or the Tega Cay, SC areas. But they are just 5 to 10 minutes away from Charlotte. Taxes are supposedly lower. House values are still increasing here. Not too many forclosures. And there are several neighborhoods with those price ranges, that are nice. The schools here are all good, and low crime. Depending on where you will be working, the commute might not be bad. It is rough going uptown though, but it's bad getting there from anywhere basically. Go to Realtor.com and put the 29708 and 29715 zip codes to search.
Great, thanks, I will check those out too. I was driving around north of the city (28269) and it seemed pretty overbuilt, nice homes though. Are those areas in SC flooded with new construction too?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:51 PM

240 posts, read 731,924 times
Cool Southampton Commons

Try Southampton Commons.
We have houses up for sale but am not sure the asking prices.
Our schools are great - Elon Park Elem, Community House Middle,
Ardrey Kell High School

A number of people are moving out from the older part of this neighborhood as they want larger houses, etc. Some others are just relocating.
Great neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM

81 posts, read 309,687 times
Default overbuilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLemur View Post
Great, thanks, I will check those out too. I was driving around north of the city (28269) and it seemed pretty overbuilt, nice homes though. Are those areas in SC flooded with new construction too?

There is new construction, both commercial and residential, but there is more of a community feel. We live in Tega Cay. Great area. Lots of recreational activities. The lowest prices in the neighborhoods are probably 175. You can get both old and new homes. The schools have a lot of great curriculum and teachers. We have been well pleased with the schools. A lot of parental involvement.

Don't forget to go to a realty web site, and you can see just what's available. I'm not a realtor, nor do I have any association with one. I'll be glad to give you my humble opinion. You can go to the SC forum, and click on York and Lancaster link. The people there will give you lots of info also.

I don't think you could go wrong in this area. Maybe one or 2 spots, but that's all. It depends on what you prefere in a home and neighborhood.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:41 PM

11 posts, read 64,415 times
Default Concord Area

There are some nice areas in the Concord area in that price range with good schools. Specifically, I know the Greystone/Ivydale area is pretty nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte