Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2006, 02:13 PM

35 posts, read 81,839 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'd like to get some input on Highland Creek. We're most likely going to be moving there (on the Concord side) and I'd just like to hear from people who have looked at that development or live(d) there. Has anyone taken a look at the new Dominion Point neighborhood they're developing? I've heard some good things but would like to get all points of view both positive and negative on the community. Thanks so much for responding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2006, 04:19 PM

240 posts, read 1,021,856 times
Default highland creek

Hello,
I live in HC. It's a very nice neighborhood. Many activities, the neighbors are very involved, there are kids everywhere. The community keeps the neighborhood very neat. I haven't heard about any crime activities. I believe a while ago there were a number of car break ins.

Dominion Point should be one of the nicer sections after it's built. I'm concerned about the lot sizes and the prices. I looked at the other neighborhood located in HC (I think the name was Dominion Bluff) and the houses are pretty close together for the price. There are many really nice resales in HC that are in the 200 to mid 300 range that are only 1-5 years old. DP starts in the 350K range before options. You are going to be close to or over 400k after everything. If I'm going to pay over 400k, I would rather purchase in a neighborhood where I'm in the middle or low end of the price range not the high end. (Skybrook or Winding Walk)

Personally, I think the DP price range is too high for the neighborhood. There are condos, villas, townhouses, and SFH that are in the mid 100k through 300k range located in HC. Because there are so many options for this neighborhood, I understand that the houses in the 200-300K range have the best resale. House in the 400k range and over sell very slowly. Not until the last few months did I see homes in the HC neighborhood reach 400k and DR horton homes 500K. My neighbor said those homes were priced in the mid 300k last year. Have you worked w/ one of the RE agents in the area? I think they can help you w/ those issues.

I was going to build there but when the opened this section the prices went up dramatically more than the last neighborhood in HC (about 50K). I felt that after adding options etc. that I could find a better or comparible resale in other HC neighborhoods, Skybrook, or another existing community.

Any agents have a opinion about my statement. Has Shea started to give incentives? When I was talking to them, they had a 5,000 credit for options. I wasn't impressed w/ that vs. other builders I have spoken to. Overall, I believe Shea is a good builder. The neighborhood is clean, very active, and close to shopping (Concord Mills, etc.)

Do you have any specific questions? Send me a PM.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:09 PM

247 posts, read 378,304 times
Default We Just Bought in Highland Creek as Well

Moved to Charlotte from Long Island for work. My office is off Harris Blvd near the intersection of Statesville Road.

We bought a resale in Dominion Trace which was built in 2003. It is in the Cabarrus County side which was important. We also wanted a true 4 bedroom in our price range which this house has. The builder was Mulvaney (now Mattamy Homes) and we felt good being able to get a house which was done since my wife is expecting in late March. There are a few houses still under construction in Dominion Trace - but the 2 that would have been done in February were on tiny lots with a huge dirt berm in the backyard. That didn't appeal to us.

The proximity of the Sports Club to the house is great - my 2.5 year old son will love the pool and the playground there.

A few people in my offic live in HC - all in different areas, some in Cabarrus, some in Meck - they all love the community!
Hope this helps somewhat! Good luck whatever you decide to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte