Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 AM

219 posts, read 588,760 times

Advertisements

So it looks as if I will be taking a contract at a hospital in Pineville. Now here is my problem....

We do not know the area. My company supplies a furnished apartment and they usually let me pick the complex. Unfortunately, the apartment rating sites are not useful (i have found this through past experiences) so we implore you good people to aid me in information!!!!

Anybody know of the good ones in Pineville??? And which should we avoid????

Thanks in advance!!!

And don't worry pet advocates out there...I didn't try to fit my dog in the trunk...

After stuffing the wife in I knew there was NO way the dog would fit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 07:54 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbest74 View Post
So it looks as if I will be taking a contract at a hospital in Pineville. Now here is my problem....

We do not know the area. My company supplies a furnished apartment and they usually let me pick the complex. Unfortunately, the apartment rating sites are not useful (i have found this through past experiences) so we implore you good people to aid me in information!!!!

Anybody know of the good ones in Pineville??? And which should we avoid????

Thanks in advance!!!

And don't worry pet advocates out there...I didn't try to fit my dog in the trunk...

After stuffing the wife in I knew there was NO way the dog would fit!
Can't have your wife and dog sleeping in the trunk!

I would suggest Reafield Village. They do corporate leases. You can even get one that is furnished. I have seen the interiors and they are nicely done. If you were my son, that is where I would suggest you live. This would be a straight shot commute, if you are going to be working at CMC-Pineville. All conveniences nearby.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 AM

797 posts, read 3,295,817 times
I'd get one in Ballantyne. It's just one exit up and only a 5 min drive and a much nicer area than Pineville and lots more Apt. choices.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
I'd get one in Ballantyne. It's just one exit up and only a 5 min drive and a much nicer area than Pineville and lots more Apt. choices.
Do you know any that do a corporate leasing? Furnished? Or maybe that doesn't matter . . . Docbest - are they reimbursing or wanting you to find some place the company can do a direct corporate lease?

Old 04-20-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Do you know any that do a corporate leasing? Furnished? Or maybe that doesn't matter . . . Docbest - are they reimbursing or wanting you to find some place the company can do a direct corporate lease?

Corporate lease is the easiest. I can take a monthly allotment where they take the average cost of monthly living and pay me that tax free so that is always an option. We are actually planning on relocating to the charlotte area so I will probably take the allotment eventually because we would like to find a nice house to rent until we build. And letting them pay all my bills is always nice!! hehe

Old 04-20-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Corporate lease is the easiest. I can take a monthly allotment where they take the average cost of monthly living and pay me that tax free so that is always an option. We are actually planning on relocating to the charlotte area so I will probably take the allotment eventually because we would like to find a nice house to rent until we build. And letting them pay all my bills is always nice!! hehe
It is the easiest way to do things, having had to do the same thing myself for some short term contract job stints in the past.

Now, you do realize that as far as CMC-Pineville - and Pineville in general - that all that area just runs together, more or less . . .so S. CLT, Pineville and Ballantyne are not that distinguishable when driving through. So when you say Pinveille . . . it is really just an area that is more or less S. CLT. I am in S. CLT but I am closer to Pineville than uptown CLT.

When you look at the map . . . just find Hwy 51 . . . and Ballantyne is gonna be S . . . and there are all the conveniences you need b/n Ballantyne area and businesses along Hwy. 51.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 AM

Thanks anifani. I will check it out online...appreciate the info!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 08:54 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
Doc what specialty do you practice?

Old 04-20-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Doc what specialty do you practice?
I am actually a nurse. I do ICU/CCU/SICU/MICU, CVRR (open heart), etc. I actually aquired the "doc" thing while in the military serving with the Marine Corps. Best is my last name....so when I created an email account so many moons ago docbest just fit. I actually have a close friend that lives up in that area which, has helped motivate the move, that I was in the Corps with...to this day I don't think he knows my first name! haha

Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Thanks anifani. I will check it out online...appreciate the info!!!
You are very welcome. I love the Ballantyne area, too . . . just be sure to note on map where any apartments are so you can check out your commute. There are some really nice apartments in Ballantyne but unfortunately, I do not have information about corporate leasing for any of them. There are a lot of healthcare MOBs there - for both Presby and CMC.

If you see something you like, you might consider posting here b/f you go w/ the lease, so we can advise you if that particular apartment complex would be a good match for you. As you know - location is everything and sometimes an apartment complex can look good online and be in a less than ideal location, or next to something sketchy . . . or in a congested area that would mean an aggravating commute.

One thing you will find about CLT - even tho something looks like a straight shot on the map . . . it may be a commute w/ lots of stops and starts and take 20 mins. to go only a few miles during rush hour traffic. As long as you know what you are getting into, it won't be a big deal to have lots of stoplights to deal with, for example. Plus - time of day w/ commuting here really does matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte