Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 05:46 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,467,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
berry -If you really wanted to shake things up, you could have said, "Did you hear they're going to take half of Monroe Middle School and High School and send them to the Cuthburtson Schools and vicsa-versa! You could probably hear the screams in Wilmington!
Umm E I thought of it..lol However I have to be nice and good otherwise I get into trouble

there was quiet a few recommendations on sending the kids who are attending Sun Valley who live in Monroe back to the monroe schools...and basically the lady said if those schools are so undesirable, then why isnt something being done and then put those kids back there...it is apparent the sun valley kids and parents do NOT want to go to Weddington Schools..can I tell you the meeting was still going on at 9:30 from 6:30...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 03:19 PM

1,304 posts, read 4,336,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Dawn, I want to know more about this guy. Wonder how I can find out? I am so serious. I want to write him and tell him what a total Jacka$$ he is and how he has embarrassed us all. A comment like he made - insinuating that there were people in a price bracket that were not "quality" enuff to fit in . . . now that is just heinous and inexcusable and someone needs to call this guy out.
Some names you are looking for are mentioned in these articles:

The County Edge — Marvin snubs Providence Glen annexation request (http://www.thecountyedge.net/archives/2008/2/22/Marvin-snubs-Providence-Glen-annexation-request.html?searched=providence+glen&highlight=aj axSearch_highlight+ajaxSearch_highlight1+ajaxSearc h_highlight2 - broken link)

Charlotte Local News | Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/569903.html - broken link)

Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,813,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Some names you are looking for are mentioned in these articles:

The County Edge — Marvin snubs Providence Glen annexation request (http://www.thecountyedge.net/archives/2008/2/22/Marvin-snubs-Providence-Glen-annexation-request.html?searched=providence+glen&highlight=aj axSearch_highlight+ajaxSearch_highlight1+ajaxSearc h_highlight2 - broken link)

Charlotte Local News | Charlotte Observer (http://www.charlotte.com/local/story/569903.html - broken link)
Thank you MN!!! I don't live there so I feel in a great position to tell this guy what a pompous snob he is. If I lived there, I wouldn't want to stir things up. He is likely the type to hold a grudge, the doofus.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:56 PM

ahh ani u will be telling alot of people off then

Old 04-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
ahh ani u will be telling alot of people off then
Well, I just find it embarrassing! An attitude like that! It is embarrassing to all of us and even tho it is evident some of the residents have spoken out about it publicly (and I so admire that) . . . this guy paints a really sorry picture of the people in this area! Talk about lousy publicity. Such a wonderful area and he is perpetuating this awful image of elitism and exclusion. Shame, shame, shame!!!!!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:21 PM

yup I agree...at the end of the day there are again alot of people however that feel the way this guy does, its all about the money

Old 04-09-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
yup I agree...at the end of the day there are again alot of people however that feel the way this guy does, its all about the money
You know . . . money can go away. I wonder how they would feel if they lost their jobs, had some investments go south, and found themselves in a financial mess - and wishing they had the $$ to afford a home - any home. What an entitled attitude!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:27 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,536,009 times
Quote:
Well, I just find it embarrassing! An attitude like that! It is embarrassing to all of us and even tho it is evident some of the residents have spoken out about it publicly (and I so admire that) . . . this guy paints a really sorry picture of the people in this area! Talk about lousy publicity. Such a wonderful area and he is perpetuating this awful image of elitism and exclusion. Shame, shame, shame!!!!!
ani - maybe there needs to be a "low-income" housing development built near that guy's house. "Beezer Estates at Marvin" starting at $105,000. I bet he'd sh*t a brick!

Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - maybe there needs to be a "low-income" housing development built near that guy's house. "Beezer Estates at Marvin" starting at $105,000. I bet he'd sh*t a brick!
ROFL!!!! Really, Em . . . I have known people like this before . . . and funny thing is . . .if you live long enuff . . . you get to see the universe step in and settle up the score. The Wheel of Fortuna goes around . . . the higher you go the harder you fall.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,536,009 times
Quote:
ROFL!!!! Really, Em . . . I have known people like this before . . . and funny thing is . . .if you live long enuff . . . you get to see the universe step in and settle up the score. The Wheel of Fortuna goes around . . . the higher you go the harder you fall.
ani - It's funny, I knew a guy who lived in Alpine NJ, the third richest town in America and he could have "bought" the whole town of Marvin - lock, stock, and barrel. He didn't have a pretentious bone in his body. Alpine's income levels and housing prices are more "Biltmore" (median home $4.3 Million median income $297,000) than Marvin. Most middle to upper middle class towns in NJ have houses in Marvin's price range - they're nothing special and most of the residents don't think of themselves as the "ruling elite". Sumptin's wrong with some of those Marvin people. Maybe it was the effects of the low level of Arsenic in their well water?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte