Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:27 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,435,981 times

Advertisements

Neti pots work great and most ENT doctors will even recommend them. They are a bit uncomfortable until you get the perfect hang of it, but after that, they are awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 01:43 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Doorway, do these nedi pots really work for allergies? I've been taking a Rx for years for seasonal allergies and that does the trick. I saw the Oprah episode you're referring to, the device looks like a little tea pot, strange procedure, but hey, if it works, I'll try it..
I'm telling ya, It'll be your new best friend! The sensation is quite strange when you start. You can actually feel the warm water go through your sinus. Within minutes, you feel like a new person. Let me know how you make out.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,985,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
I've looked into this and it is actually supposed to work. It cleans out the nasal passage and gets rid of all that foreign junk we breathe in all day. RX's work, sort of but they are really just masking your symptoms. If I had really bad allergies I would try the nedi pot as you're better off being medicine free as eventually you sort of become immune to all those drugs.
Yeah, a friend of mine in Md was able to stop taking her Rx and uses the pottwice a day. I bought her one to clear up a lingering sinus infection and the rest is history. I'm amazed we haven't heard of them sooner.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Geez ani, we better put you in a bubble, hehe
The pollen count around here is pretty high. Last year for nearly a month there was that yellow/green pollen residue on our cars and in the air. My then one year old had a massive rash all over his body and after weeks and weeks it was determined he was highly allergic to the pollen.
HEE HEE - Bubble Girl! Well, I gotta admit - I do spend a lot of time indoors in A/C w/ air filters, but I have learned to adjust. I do everything possible that is "natural" to try to deal with it . . . the neti pots are good - help keep your mucous membranes cleansed and hydrated. I also do acupressure to keep sinuses open . . . green tea, yes . . . also here is a strange one . . . a teaspoon of cider vinegar in warm cup of water in morning . . .

I love being outdoors so I just do what I can to deal with it . . .

Allergists here are very popular!!!!!

Last edited by brokensky; 03-03-2008 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 PM

672 posts, read 1,832,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
HEE HEE - Bubble Girl! Well, I gotta admit - I do spend a lot of time indoors in A/C w/ air filters, but I have learned to adjust. I do everything possible that is "natural" to try to deal with it . . . the neti pots are good - help keep your mucous membranes cleansed and hydrated. I also do accupressure to keep sinuses open . . . green tea, yes . . . also here is a strange one . . . a teaspoon of cider vinegar in warm cup of water in morning . . .

I love being outdoors so I just do what I can to deal with it . . .

Allergists here are very popular!!!!!
Oh and if you have bad seasonal allergies you are actually supposed to keep those windows closed. Oh and no air drying your clothes out on the line outside either

Old 03-03-2008, 01:57 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Oh and if you have bad seasonal allergies you are actually supposed to keep those windows closed. Oh and no air drying your clothes out on the line outside either
Shoot, NK, we are all giving so much good info . . . surely this season we will be armed and ready to fight the itching, watering eyes, sneezes, rashes, sinus infections . . . conquer the allergy beast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte