Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM

44 posts, read 54,418 times

Advertisements

Is the jobs in Charlotte that bad?

And for the natives and the people that been here for a long time, was the jobs in Charlotte better 10 years ago.

Is it because of the increased populations of latinos?

Is it because the transplants that come from other cities?

Why did the jobs here decline.

Where do you all come from, and was unemployment that bad in the place you lived before?

Please inform me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,776,445 times
You might want to read this...

Charlotte Observer | 02/02/2008 | Charlotte hiring numbers hit a high (http://www.charlotte.com/business/story/474178.html - broken link)

Old 02-09-2008, 08:33 PM

44 posts, read 54,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
You might want to read this...

Charlotte Observer | 02/02/2008 | Charlotte hiring numbers hit a high (http://www.charlotte.com/business/story/474178.html - broken link)
Thanks. I have to remember that people on blogs are 90% negative. This was positive. Thanks Carolina

Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 PM

825 posts, read 2,829,856 times
Charlotte's doing well compared to other areas of the country.

Interesting article from the economist.

The economy | The geography of recession | Economist.com

Old 02-09-2008, 11:31 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,138,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcdiva85 View Post

And for the natives and the people that been here for a long time, was the jobs in Charlotte better 10 years ago.

Where do you all come from, and was unemployment that bad in the place you lived before?

Please inform me.

The jobs haven't declined, the population has been hugely increased! Maybe you haven't heard that half of NJ and Florida have decided to relocate here?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:26 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcdiva85 View Post

Please inform me.
Why would you single out Latinos as being a valid excuse for why it's hard getting a job here?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:29 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,356,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Why would you single out Latinos as being a valid excuse for why it's hard getting a job here?
Seriously.
I too thought that was a low blow.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,356,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The jobs haven't declined, the population has been hugely increased! Maybe you haven't heard that half of NJ and Florida have decided to relocate here?
You forgot NY
'You call this pizza? I'm from the Bronx and I know good pizza!'

Relax ya'll just kidding

Old 02-10-2008, 06:18 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Seriously.
I too thought that was a low blow.
I didn't see it as a low blow, I just have no idea why an increased population of latinos would make it harder to find a job. I mean why single out latinos?

I'm sure there's more than one of us who's resisting the temptation to insert a joke here, so keeeeep resisting.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,813,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I didn't see it as a low blow, I just have no idea why an increased population of latinos would make it harder to find a job. I mean why single out latinos?

I'm sure there's more than one of us who's resisting the temptation to insert a joke here, so keeeeep resisting.
Holding back, Brian!

QCdiva: I think you will find it depends on what sector in wh/ a person is trying to find work as to the openings that are available. Also, even when there are openings, the salaries here are often considerably lower than the same job would be in the NE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte