Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 07:27 PM

72 posts, read 67,024 times

Advertisements

Looking at apartments for possible move to Charlotte. Would love input on these:

in Elizabeth:
Ridgeway32
Catherine36
They look very new, not much on their website as far as amenities (but maybe the website is new too?)

Park and Kingston
Elizabeth Flats on 7th Laurel
Elizabeth Flats on 7th Hawthorne

in Dillworth:

Elizabeth Square

I am also considering whether to get more for my money and live further out, maybe in Belmont or Fort Mill. Job would be on the west side of Charlotte. I enjoy biking, walking, parks and the outdoors life. I'm not a bar scene kind of person, like a neighborhood feel in the urban landscape. Favorite city I have visited is Portland, and Southend looks like it has that kind of vibe. Mapquest shows it to be a 15 min-20 min. drive from Belmont or Fort Mill, but I don't know how accurate that is given traffic. I'd like to budget no more than 1100 dollars on an apartment. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by lowcountry4; 06-03-2015 at 07:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 03:08 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Compared to where you are talking about going to Belmont would be quite a culture shock. Ft. Mill not so much.

Old 06-04-2015, 06:16 AM

743 posts, read 826,090 times
Not sure about amenities of the complexes themselves but the neighborhoods listed are good for bike riding,walking etc. They are close to Uptown,Freedom Park, the Greenway & are among the most desirable inner ring neighborhoods in Charlotte

Old 06-07-2015, 04:25 PM

41 posts, read 50,088 times
Ridgeway32 and Catherine36 are not "complexes" like you may be thinking of. Each is a small building with just the apartments, no amenities are offered, other than a parking space. Which in those neighborhoods is a bonus, parking is very tight in Elizabeth and South End. However the rents are very competitive for the neighborhoods.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,129 times
I live in Ridgeway32 and Sanshie is right - Ridgeway is literally just a 4 story building with 8 units per floor, with a parking lot out back. You don't get a pool or gym, but $1150 for a two bedroom in Uptown is pretty awesome if you're on the frugal side (it works out for me because my boyfriend lives in a large complex uptown with a pool, gym, and other amenities so I can take advantage of that). The units themselves are very nice and high quality, only 3 years old. I have absolutely no complaints living there. Parking is much easier in Elizabeth than Southend. I rarely use Ridgeway32's parking lot, just park on the street everyday no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte