Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:07 PM

183 posts, read 567,281 times

Advertisements

Ok....I just relocated to GReensboro after living my entire life in FLA. I have been here for 2 1/2 months, and may now have to move to Charlotte for work in the next 2 weeks. My family is joining me in MAy, when school is out, but I am looking for a 2 or preferably 3 bedroom apt/condo/house in a NICE area(I don't know too much, but I guess BAllantyne, Southpark or Lake Norman?). We will be buying a home in 6 months or so, and i have a small dog . Can I get some suggestions? By the way, My target is $1,000 or less per month, with minimal up front. I do have good credit and great income.
Thanks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 09:25 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I can only help you with the Lake Norman area city of Huntersville.
Here a link to apartment options
https://www.city-data.com/forum/2414980-post5.html
Good luck.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippus View Post
Ok....I just relocated to GReensboro after living my entire life in FLA. I have been here for 2 1/2 months, and may now have to move to Charlotte for work in the next 2 weeks. My family is joining me in MAy, when school is out, but I am looking for a 2 or preferably 3 bedroom apt/condo/house in a NICE area(I don't know too much, but I guess BAllantyne, Southpark or Lake Norman?). We will be buying a home in 6 months or so, and i have a small dog . Can I get some suggestions? By the way, My target is $1,000 or less per month, with minimal up front. I do have good credit and great income.
Thanks!!!!!
Please let me know where you will be working (what part of town) - I may have a great suggestion for you.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
You should be able to find something fairly easily. As previous poster said, where you will be working is an important consideration.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 AM

Default thanks

Please let me know where you will be working (what part of town) - I may have a great suggestion for you

At South Charlotte Nissan---address is 9245 South Blvd.

Thanks!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
If other member suggestions do not work out for you, I highly recommend Strawberry Hill in S. CLT off Providence. They let us do a six month lease when we first moved here. Very convenient, well managed and nice layout in townhomes.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
If other member suggestions do not work out for you, I highly recommend Strawberry Hill in S. CLT off Providence. They let us do a six month lease when we first moved here. Very convenient, well managed and nice layout in townhomes.
I agree 100%! I currently live in Strawberry Hill. We signed a 6 month lease but will probably be extending it. We have a dog that is 35 pounds and there was no problem with that. You can rent a 2 bedroom townhouse for under $1000/month. I believe they also offer a 3 bedroom townhouse, though I'm not sure what those rent for. The 2 bedrooms are very spacious!

Here's a link to their Web site, if you are interested: Marsh Properties ~ Strawberry Hill Apartments (http://www.strawberryhillapts.com/index_flash.htm - broken link)

If you would like more info, please feel free to DM me.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:59 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,553,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crippus View Post
Thanks!!!!!
Charlotte is not like Greensboro. You could work across town in Greensboro no problem. If you live across town in Charlotte, be prepared for traffic and quite a commute.

Depends on where you will be working. Traffic is much worse here than Greensboro, so if you can, live fairly close to work.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:02 AM

Default I will be working at South Charlotte Nissan

On 9245 South Blvd.
Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Strawberry Hill

I am reading some scary reviews of Strawberry Hill in terms of having cockroaches and high crime.....is this correct?
THanks
Craig
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte