Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:42 PM

7 posts, read 16,071 times

Advertisements

I am interested in the Waxhaw area- more away from Charlotte than closer to it. I am divorced with grown children and will be interviewing for a teaching position at Parkway this week. This is a second career for me and I am looking at the area for semi-retirement at least part time and the mountains in the summers. I lived in Charlotte in the 1980s and loved Waxhaw at the time but it has definitely changed. Moving from the Winston-Greensboro area. I am interested in living in a rural area - not out in the sticks but something with breathing room in the country. Any suggestions about what parts of rural area? My budget is 150,000 and below and I have no interest in subdivisions - been there done that - I have dogs and cats and just want some privacy. I also don't mind driving 10 or 15 miles to work/school which at this point looks like Parkway. Any thoughts on Parkway HS? I work with special populations right now so I could care less about teaching at the "best" or desired high schools. I looked over Parkway's stats and it looks ok. also don't care how small or impressive a house is - I would like something smaller 1200-1400 sf with an acre or less. any thoughts about whether 150,000 will buy something like that in a rural area?

Last edited by velvetanne; 01-12-2015 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: forgot to add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 05:28 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,866,275 times
Are you talking about Parkwood High?

There might be homes in your price range in Monroe. Try there as well. Oh and Indian Trail if memory serves me right. A friend bought a gorgeous house there with over an acre and loves it.

Last edited by momtothree; 01-12-2015 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: mixed up two cities.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:12 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,235,341 times
150k budget in Waxhaw will be tough. Maybe for an older ranch. I recommend the Allen Tate property search app for IPAD or droids to get started. It is a great search tool. Picks up all the MLS listings.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:36 PM

87 posts, read 138,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
150k budget in Waxhaw will be tough. Maybe for an older ranch. I recommend the Allen Tate property search app for IPAD or droids to get started. It is a great search tool. Picks up all the MLS listings.
I got excited when I read this post so I downloaded the app. It works good except it doesn't let me specify how much land I'm searching for. Wish I could find a good site or app for that.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,866,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen516 View Post
I got excited when I read this post so I downloaded the app. It works good except it doesn't let me specify how much land I'm searching for. Wish I could find a good site or app for that.
Just use realtor.com or CarolinaHome.com | Home Page

Both are official MLS sites. There's a criteria to search for specific lot sizes on both sites.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:43 AM

527 posts, read 745,987 times
terravistarealty.com is the best site imo

To respond to OP. You'll have no problem finding a nice home for $150k in Union County.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:01 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,235,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen516 View Post
It possible to search for acreage using the allen tate site, however you must use a laptop or desktop.

Under advanced search options, select 1 acre or greater etc.....

Old 01-14-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Just use realtor.com or CarolinaHome.com | Home Page

Both are official MLS sites. There's a criteria to search for specific lot sizes on both sites.
I will try Carolina Home... Thanks!

Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxhawMike View Post
terravistarealty.com is the best site imo

To respond to OP. You'll have no problem finding a nice home for $150k in Union County.

I did recently discover the Terra Vista site and you're so right... I love that one the most thus far for land searches. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
It possible to search for acreage using the allen tate site, however you must use a laptop or desktop.

Under advanced search options, select 1 acre or greater etc.....
Ok yeah I'm on my iPad. I will try it on the desktop. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte