Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:40 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,211,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadetroit View Post
Hopefully we can find our way out there and hook up with some fellow Michiganders for a drink. My wife is from California but we won't hold that against her, she is good people .
Hey chadetroit - as a former Californian myself...please pass the word to your wife that while you hopefully hook up with "some" fellow MI's for a drink....I'll gather up all us ex-CA's for "her" and we'll have a real shindig!

Sorry I just couldn't resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2006, 06:49 AM

124 posts, read 521,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
Hey chadetroit - as a former Californian myself...please pass the word to your wife that while you hopefully hook up with "some" fellow MI's for a drink....I'll gather up all us ex-CA's for "her" and we'll have a real shindig!

Sorry I just couldn't resist.
that would be nice thanks LTC

Old 10-25-2006, 08:57 AM

124 posts, read 521,698 times
With the new property tax law that was passed what is a good way to figure out property taxes, for instance in Tega Cay? Is there a stead fast number you can multiply the price of your home by?

Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,207 times
Post Baxter vs. Lake Shore

Love the Carolina's - I have been reading several of your threads and you seem quite knowledgable. MY family and I currently live in Asheville and will be relocating to the Fort Mill area in the next 6 -12 months. We are considering building. We have visited Baxter and really like it but we recently came across Lake Shore. Can you tell me a little more about Lake Shore? They both feed into the Fort Mill school system right? Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:31 PM

241 posts, read 755,622 times
I know Lake Shore is about 30 minutes from downtown Charlotte. The commute up 77 from there is manageable. The schools and the low taxes is what draws alot of people over the border to SC. I was told that homesites include golf course access, beach club, and lake front property on Wylie. I am sure they have parks, walking trails, tennis courts, etc. That area has always drawn my interest. The Tega Cay area, IMO, will become a highly esteemed area when Charlotte is officially "grown up."

QUOTE=bkoops;1668224]Love the Carolina's - I have been reading several of your threads and you seem quite knowledgable. MY family and I currently live in Asheville and will be relocating to the Fort Mill area in the next 6 -12 months. We are considering building. We have visited Baxter and really like it but we recently came across Lake Shore. Can you tell me a little more about Lake Shore? They both feed into the Fort Mill school system right? Any help would be much appreciated![/quote]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoops View Post
Love the Carolina's - I have been reading several of your threads and you seem quite knowledgable. MY family and I currently live in Asheville and will be relocating to the Fort Mill area in the next 6 -12 months. We are considering building. We have visited Baxter and really like it but we recently came across Lake Shore. Can you tell me a little more about Lake Shore? They both feed into the Fort Mill school system right? Any help would be much appreciated!
hey there bkoops - Lake Shore happens to be a large development within the city of Tega Cay (Tega Cay, South Carolina). While there are still some single homes avail....Lake Shore itself is pretty close to being built-out (course resell is also an option too...or there are also condos). I myself live within Tega Cay but not within Lake Shore (smaller section of custom built homes). Just so you know there is much more to Tega Cay than just Lake Shore. Along with our walking trails, tennis, golf course, we are surrounded by Lake Wylie, many many parks, holiday celebrations that include festivals, summer concerts, 4th of July activities, currently being built is a community center, along with a wonderful park and rec. sports program.

Course your biggest difference between Tega Cay (Lake Shore) versus Baxter Village...is the ability to walk to work, play, and/or eat all in one location at Baxter. Other than the Golf Club for dining...you would need to venture out of Tega Cay for a restaurant. Another difference...Tega Cay is often referred to the city of trees and what many refer to as having a rugged terrain..so to find a flat lot is a rarity.

You are correct in regard to the schools. Baxter Village (Fort Mill Township) and Lake Shore (Tega Cay) do fall within the Fort Mill School District. Baxter children attend: Orchard Park Elem (current enrollment freeze - Riverview Elem)-Gold Hill Middle-Fort Mill High School. Lake Shore children attend: Gold Hill Elem (current enrollment freeze - Riverview Elem) - Gold Hill Middle - Fort Mill High School. Just FYI...if interested I go into a little more depth in regard to the schools on another thread.

Both are great places to live...so odds are it's just going to depend on what appeals to you and yours more than anything.

Hope that helps some...if you happen to have any other questions...feel free to send me a DM or there are many more that can assist you on the SC side of this site (under York County/Lancaster Cnty sub forum).

Best to you~

Old 10-08-2007, 06:20 AM

255 posts, read 885,388 times
St Lawernce builders start at 350 in Berewick. They have not started building yet. I am not sure if they do 3 car garages or not, they might though with the house size spec.

How much are homes in the Pallisades? That place is very nice.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:20 PM

17 posts, read 40,745 times
Chadetroit,

Have you checked out any thing in Tega Cay or Lake Wylie, SC?

Berewick being a new community and easy access to I-485 would be a good choice, getting in now at start of construction should bring great appreciation in the long run if you are planning on staying more than 5 years in your new home.

Baxter is highly recommended as well though this community is close to being finished and the prices have increased over the past 3-5 years and will continue with close access to Uptown Charlotte via I-77.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkoops View Post
This is more of an addition to what I originally wrote to bkoops.....there is a new development that is starting in Tega Cay (pre-construction pricing) by Ryan Homes...it is called Serenity Point (Ryan Homes)

Happy House Hunting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte