Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:41 PM

390 posts, read 1,515,277 times

Advertisements

Are you moving from Detroit? My hubby grew up there! You'll love it here.

There is lots of good stuff still going up in LakeShore - I think you can get what you want in there. Like this -
www.lakeshoreonlakewylie.com/showhome.php?ID=315

It meets all of your criteria but the three car garage. And you can walk to the lake and the pool (5 minute drive to the boat launch). We don't live in LakeShore, but we're building our own home right across Tega Cay Dr. from the Trailridge section of LakeShore.

I drove my future commute this morning - 30 minutes from front door to parked in my office parking deck uptown. Much better than I have right now from South Charlotte. I wish my new house was going to be ready sooner!

Good luck!

Last edited by megassel; 10-24-2006 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 06:07 PM

124 posts, read 521,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Are you moving from Detroit? My hubby grew up there! You'll love it here.

There is lots of good stuff still going up in LakeShore - I think you can get what you want in there. Like this -
www.lakeshoreonlakewylie.com/showhome.php?ID=315

It meets all of your criteria but the three car garage. And you can walk to the lake and the pool (5 minute drive to the boat launch). We don't live in LakeShore, but we're building our own home right across Tega Cay Dr. from the Trailridge section of LakeShore.

I drove my future commute this morning - 30 minutes from front door to parked in my office parking deck uptown. Much better than I have right now from South Charlotte. I wish my new hosue was going to be ready sooner!

Good luck!
Born and raised in Detroit, My heart is still there but my body is located in Northern California for the past 8 Years Where was your Husband from?
I really liked LakeShore but did not like the home choices that were left there by the time we got serious about the move. Needed some sort of flat area for a backyard and most of the stuff in TrailRidge was... well... on a ridge. Sad cause our favorite floor plan to date is still in that community. We'll see what happens. Glad to hear the commute is not that bad from there. Well gotta run the Tigers are at bat in about 15 minutes. Wish the Lions could catch some of that fever. Good luck in your build!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:35 PM

Default Go Tigers!

Unfortunately, flat is hard to find in Tega Cay - it's pretty rugged terrain! We're going to have to get used to less yard than we have now, because our new property is pretty steep. It's definitely gentler in Fort Mill. For me it is worth it to get an environment where amenities are within walking distance.

Hubby is from the Mount Clemens area. We both went to WMU.

Go Tigers!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megassel View Post
Unfortunately, flat is hard to find in Tega Cay - it's pretty rugged terrain! We're going to have to get used to less yard than we have now, because our new property is pretty steep. It's definitely gentler in Fort Mill. For me it is worth it to get an environment where amenities are within walking distance.

Hubby is from the Mount Clemens area. We both went to WMU.

Go Tigers!
Yeah I know it is pretty hilly in Tega which gives it some of it's character, it is all a tradeoff no matter where you go... unless you don't have a budget that is. Did you guys buy a piece of land and build on it or are you in a development?

I grew up just a bit north west of him in Lake Orion. I play soccer over here with a couple of guys from Kzoo. Go Tigers indeed! I sent you a PM as well.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM

My brother played soccer in Kzoo - that's where I grew up. What a small world.

We bought a piece of land - that was probably still on the market only because of the threatening terrain. Hubby is a builder, so he knows how to handle it. Lots of dirt being shipped in from the surrounding developments.

Re: the Lions. Hubby says "Not gonna happen." But you can't complain these days with the Tigers in the Series and the Pistons showing up every year. He's willing to give the Lions a hall pass.

Last edited by megassel; 10-24-2006 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-24-2006, 07:40 PM

Wow really is a small world. Hopefully we can find our way out there and hook up with some fellow Michiganders for a drink. My wife is from California but we won't hold that against her, she is good people .

Maybe if we can get the Wachovia deal to work out you guys will run into one another on the floor.

I'm sure your place will be terrific once you get some of the land evened out.
There has got to be plenty of dirt around there from all the development going on.

The Lions have had a hall pass ever since I can remember, I hope to some day point out to my kid and say when your daddy was a young man the Lions were a really bad team, and now look at them on there way to another Super Bowl A guy can dream.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:45 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,736 times
There is some great indoor soccer at WT Harris. When I had extra time i used to play on the indoor league. I still would rather play outside but well you know.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
There is some great indoor soccer at WT Harris. When I had extra time i used to play on the indoor league. I still would rather play outside but well you know.
Thanks CharAgent I did contact the Charlotte Premier Soccer League which looks like it runs just about all year. I imagine indoor in the winter/spring and outdoor during the summer/fall. Sounds like I should be able to get onto a team out there. All there games are played at Ramblewood Park and Soccer Complex, not sure if you are familiar with that. Sounded like a good group though. Maybe if I make my way out there we'll get you kicking the ball again once in a while.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:58 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,736 times
Sounds good... I will admit I am a little outta shape. Put me in Goal

Old 10-24-2006, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Sounds good... I will admit I am a little outta shape. Put me in Goal
lol sounds good, I might hold you to that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte