Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM

3 posts, read 11,326 times

Advertisements

I need to know if u have something like metro pcs in Charlotte
unlimited call for fix price a mounth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:43 AM

1,521 posts, read 4,953,609 times
CricKet maybe what your looking for.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:43 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,897 times
Cricket is an option, but it's mainly for people that stay local. Most of the lower priced unlimited plans ($45-50) don't include any roaming minutes and Cricket has a small coverage area shown here: Cricket Wireless | Cell Phone Coverage Maps - Charlotte (http://www.mycricket.com/cricketcoveragemaps/area?hocode=110 - broken link)
Even the more expensive plans ($55-60) only include 100-200 nationwide roaming minutes. But if you stay local, they're probably the least expensive, unlimited minutes option.

SunCom also has some Unlimited local plans for around $60, but they also have roaming charges outside of the area. For a National Unlimited plan it jumps up to $149/mo.

You may want to look into Alltel. They don't have any purely unlimited plans but they have "My Circle" on plans $59 and up. With My Circle you get unlimited calling to any 10 numbers, and those numbers can be changed on a daily basis. You can also get nationwide coverage with that so it might be an attractive option for you because you wouldn't have to worry about roaming. On Alltel U pre-paid for 75 cents/day you can get unlimited calling to a single number.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:06 AM

6 posts, read 21,805 times
We have cricket and LOVE IT! They have grown and you can also do roaming with them when you go out of state. We went out of town and had no issues using our phone.
if you can not pay your bill your time you can also pay $20 for a extension on your phone I think it is a week. We have had cricket for 4years and was glad we changed from Sprint! Now we use our cell as our home phone also MUCH cheaper!

Old 12-15-2007, 08:45 AM

273 posts, read 1,339,200 times
wow how much do you talk on the phone?? I could see if it were for work, but unlimited for personal use? I have at+t with 1200 minutes a month and rollover, and its pretty much like I have unlimited now, b/c the rollover minutes just keep piling up. I think I have somethign in the range of 40,000 rollover minutes by now.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:26 AM

745 posts, read 2,209,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedSOUL83 View Post
wow how much do you talk on the phone?? I could see if it were for work, but unlimited for personal use? I have at+t with 1200 minutes a month and rollover, and its pretty much like I have unlimited now, b/c the rollover minutes just keep piling up. I think I have somethign in the range of 40,000 rollover minutes by now.
I thought about going with Cricket because I live in their coverage area around the Triangle, but I also spend a lot of time between the Triangle and Charlotte, in Southeast Virginia, Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee so the roaming issue turned me away and I went with alltel and the My Circle for unlimited to 10 numbers.

I have 5 people on my family plan for 900 mins and My Circle at $69/mo. for the first two lines plus $10 for added lines 3-5. Total we use about 400 anytime mins and 8,000-10,000 My Circle/Mobile-to-Mobile mins/month according to the bill. Between mobile-to-mobile and My Circle, it covers pretty much the entire family's landlines and a few friends cells. We also live away from all family and my wife alone probably spends at least one-two hours a day talking to her family back home. It's really convenient just to plug a landline into My Circle rather than worry about draining minutes or waiting until 7pm. Rollover is a fair deal, but to many people, especially without a landline, unlimited is far better because it'd still cost a lot of anytime minutes. A lot of times with Rollover you barely have enough minutes month/month. Or you have way too many, never use 'em, and end up with 1200 or more like you have just piling up that'll expire after 12 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte