Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 7,546 times

Advertisements

Hi right now i live south jersey and hating it. I grew up here and need a change. I am married with an 18 month old child. I see there are quite a few tech jobs in charlotte nc along with maybe areas to live inside and outside of the city. does anyone have any suggestions on nice areas to live? I do now want to be more than about 30-35 minutes from charlotte since i will end up working there most likely. We are into cars, movies and we love the mountains. We want more of a quiet area where people know and like each other and have good schools. But i also dont want to be really far from places to eat and go out occasionally. we dont have a ton of money so if the average house is $400 grand that wont work either. we like the country with a house with an acre or more. any suggestions? does everyone like living around charlotte nc? thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
You can find older ranch style homes within 10 minutes of uptown for anywhere from 100-200k if you look hard enough.... You will not find an acre near the city for cheap though.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbrali View Post
Hi right now i live south jersey and hating it. I grew up here and need a change. I am married with an 18 month old child. I see there are quite a few tech jobs in charlotte nc along with maybe areas to live inside and outside of the city. does anyone have any suggestions on nice areas to live? I do now want to be more than about 30-35 minutes from charlotte since i will end up working there most likely. We are into cars, movies and we love the mountains. We want more of a quiet area where people know and like each other and have good schools. But i also dont want to be really far from places to eat and go out occasionally. we dont have a ton of money so if the average house is $400 grand that wont work either. we like the country with a house with an acre or more. any suggestions? does everyone like living around charlotte nc? thanks!
Are you in Gloucester or Burlington County?

I live outside of Charlotte & came down from Cherry Hill.

Be as specific as possible about what you want. in a job.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,546 times
I am in Cumberland county and work in atlantic county, I did see quite a few jobs down in charlotte, I don't mind like a 30-35 minute drive if we can get an acre or two of land, there are so many areas outside of charlotte and even a few places in SC that seem like they aren't too far, hard to know what is nice areas for family, schools etc. how are the taxes down there? looks like a lot less than jersey from what I can tell lol. thanks!

Old 10-02-2013, 04:49 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,818,359 times
Your best bet is to get hired and then look for a place as Charlotte is huge. If you want a commute less than 30 minutes, it will greatly vary if you work in N Charlotte or in SW Charlotte or even uptown etc.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbrali View Post
I am in Cumberland county and work in atlantic county, I did see quite a few jobs down in charlotte, I don't mind like a 30-35 minute drive if we can get an acre or two of land, there are so many areas outside of charlotte and even a few places in SC that seem like they aren't too far, hard to know what is nice areas for family, schools etc. how are the taxes down there? looks like a lot less than jersey from what I can tell lol. thanks!
OK, that tells me what your tolerance will be for areas. Be more specific about what kind of job you want. What do you do now?

You won't afford an acre or two close to Charlotte. I need to know what you want to give you the best advice. I'm assuming that you don't live in Vineland. What size town would you be comfortable in?

Last edited by southbound_295; 10-02-2013 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte