Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,121,683 times

Advertisements

Women Surprised To Find Robbers, Not Trick-Or-Treaters, At University City Doors - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 PM

355 posts, read 996,402 times
this is why the area is not on my list anymore and when i take my relocation trip i suppose to stay at a hotel by UNNC and now i am not to sure!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:18 PM

674 posts, read 811,282 times
The hotels in that area are safe. I'd recommend the Hilton, Holiday Inn, or Hampton Inn. Look, as a UNCC grad, these college student filled apartments are rife with problems because kids are easy targets. I think that the police need to step up crime prevention in that community for sure. So as long as you are not sleeping on the roof of Campus Edge apartments during your trip, you'll be fine.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 101,121,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
this is why the area is not on my list anymore and when i take my relocation trip i suppose to stay at a hotel by UNNC and now i am not to sure!
I wouldn't worry about the hotels, the students are the real targets in that area.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:48 PM

355 posts, read 996,402 times
thank you LM and ncisgreat that a comfort.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:03 AM

39 posts, read 37,566 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
The hotels in that area are safe. I'd recommend the Hilton, Holiday Inn, or Hampton Inn. Look, as a UNCC grad, these college student filled apartments are rife with problems because kids are easy targets. I think that the police need to step up crime prevention in that community for sure. So as long as you are not sleeping on the roof of Campus Edge apartments during your trip, you'll be fine.
yes, I agree with ncisgreat. The university area is considered a college town - hence, the name "university area". Those hotels ARE safe...I have stayed in the Hilton a few times. I think anytime you have a lot of transient college kids there are going to be problems--at least with noise, traffic...etc. Charlotte Meck Police have actually opened up a new University based station there. With that being said, the University area is very nice...lots to do, lots of diversity, lots of housing choices, close to major interstates, reasonable distance to uptown, very close to Concord (if you like NASCAR, shopping - Concord Mills Mall) it is a very nice area. There is crime everywhere....you have to be careful no matter where you live. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM

273 posts, read 1,342,525 times
when you look through the peephole and see 4 grown men dressed in black with black makeup on and you open the door..you deserve to get robbed JMO

Old 11-02-2007, 11:05 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,486,833 times
There have been a few armed robberies of individuals over the past year or so near where the Hilton is and those shoppes.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:14 PM

674 posts, read 811,282 times
True, but there have been a half dozen of the same around SouthPark Mall. I guess anywhere in a city, we all need to be on our guard.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:28 PM

39 posts, read 37,566 times
Default Right! Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
True, but there have been a half dozen of the same around SouthPark Mall. I guess anywhere in a city, we all need to be on our guard.
That is what I am saying...crime is everywhere! You have to be on your guard no matter where you are! I don't care if it is Piper Glen or Grier Heights! Haven't we all seen the news stories where they interview people in a community after a break-in or a rape has occurred and they always get someone on camera saying "We didn't think this could happen here in our neighborhood. This is a good neighborhood or this is a middle-class or upperclass neighborhood...etc." That is exactly what the criminal wants you to KEEP ON telling yourself! Let your guard down so I can GET YA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: