Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 05:15 PM

518 posts, read 2,061,813 times

Advertisements

I was sad to hear that the Food Lion I've been going to for 15 years will be closing. The manager said that they didn't renew the lease. No information as to what is going to happen to the building. With 2 Harris Teeters and 1 Bi-Lo within 3 miles of each other (on the same road), doubt another grocery store will go in. They are having sales of 25% off everything in the store until the 15th of May, then 50% off until they close on Saturday, May 18, 2013. The hours are 8am-6pm now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 01:58 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
I was over that way this morning, so I stopped in to see if I could pick up some bargains on the things we always buy from the grocery store.

At this point there is no fresh meat and just a limited amount of produce for sale. It looks like the brand name soda is gone too.

However, there are a lot of dry foods, non-foods, frozen foods, and dairy left. The fresh deli is still in operation as well.

The girl at the deli counter told me that everything goes 50% off starting tomorrow (Monday).

The only thing that disappointed me is that they are no longer accepting coupons (which is fine). But, I bought four bags of ground coffee that had $1 mfr "save now" coupons on them and the store didn't deduct those either. Oh well...

Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM

I went in today (Monday)......CrAzY.... so many people, every line was open with cashiers from different stores. The lines were down the aisles. Bring a cart from the outside in with you. Parking was difficult. No coupons. No MVP card needed for the 50% discount.

Last edited by aquastone; 05-13-2013 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: add info

Old 05-13-2013, 03:39 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,809,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
At this point there is no fresh meat and just a limited amount of produce for sale. It looks like the brand name soda is gone too.
You didn't miss out. The soda/beer/bread reps took their stuff back out of the store last Tuesday before the closing down sale even began.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:06 PM

Heard a couple different rumors: 1. Food Lion "moving" and taking over the Bi-Lo store. 2. Whole Foods or Earth Fare going in the space.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:09 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,656,099 times
I remember when that store opened. I grew up in that area. I remember being so disappointed at the grand opening that all the special grand opening sales were just marked down about-to-expire stock from other locations! Of course, if I had given it any thought at all, I would have foreseen that; I naively went in expecting every little thing would be brand new! That area has grown & changed so much over the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte