Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:05 AM

362 posts, read 995,544 times

Advertisements

Hello all I am new to this forum and not very good with the computer so please bear with me, and I'll apologize in advance if I inadvertantly offend someone. That said we are looking to relocate to NC. My husband has been in the interview process with a company there for the past 4 months. I have done alot of research and we made 1 short trip in Aug. I sort of narrowed down our prospective area to Cabarrus County. Would need to see more of Union but if this job comes thru it is in the University area. I have now come across Lincoln county and was interested in any info on it. We have a 16 and 10 yr old so schools are important. We were also hoping to get a larger lot than 1/4 acre which seems to be the norm. We currently have just under 1/2 so it's kinda hard to go smaller. Sorry this is so long. Thank you for any info you can give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2006, 09:14 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,837,161 times
The Denver area is just about to become the next big Boom by the lake. The yhave pretty much sold all the land in Cornelius/Huntersville around the lake so its just natural to move a little further down(around) the lake. The 1/4 of an acre issue is going to depend on what you want to spend and how close you want to be near everything.

If you need any help let me know.

Thanks

Old 09-29-2006, 11:38 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
We have just reserved a lot in Lincoln County. It is on 1/2 acre in a new developement. The schools seem very good ; we are still in the elementary stage. It is very rural, but oh so nice compared to long island.
We hope to move there by the end of the school year.
good luck
dorothy

Old 09-30-2006, 08:49 AM

362 posts, read 995,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
We have just reserved a lot in Lincoln County. It is on 1/2 acre in a new developement. The schools seem very good ; we are still in the elementary stage. It is very rural, but oh so nice compared to long island.
We hope to move there by the end of the school year.
good luck
dorothy
Dorothy did you look at other counties and how did they compare to Lincoln. I thought Union was rural too. It seems though that there is alot of building going on there now so maybe that will change in time. Do you mind me asking what develpoment?
Thanks,
Barbara

Old 09-30-2006, 10:37 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,473,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
The Denver area is just about to become the next big Boom by the lake. The yhave pretty much sold all the land in Cornelius/Huntersville around the lake so its just natural to move a little further down(around) the lake. The 1/4 of an acre issue is going to depend on what you want to spend and how close you want to be near everything.

If you need any help let me know.

Thanks
Everything I looked at over that way is pricey for what I want. I bought just under 1/3 of an acre 3,202 sqft home 268,000 with my ugrades in Davidson. I don't see anything that cheap there.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,441 times
Default Living in Lincoln County

Hello, I saw your post and wanted to let you know I love being in Lincoln county. My husband and I started our search in Charlotte-Mecklenburg and then we found the Denver-Lincoln area. You can find homes that sit on 1 acre lots with great pricing. This area is growing fast. I love it for many reasons: We are close to shopping and restaraunts but out just enough to have some space. Good Luck! I hope you find that perfect space for you and your family. Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-07-2009 at 03:09 AM..

Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,215,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
The Denver area is just about to become the next big Boom by the lake. ......
Honestly, this sounds like a stock real estate quote. There is no boom getting ready to happen in Denver. (or the part that is called Denver at Hwy16/Hwy73) All of the lake front property sold out over a decade ago and most of what is left are the few extremely large McMansions being built on the lake that are now under deflation pressure. It's this kind of development that recently cause Crescent Resources, the Duke subsidary that develops land on these lakes, to go bankrupt. They have built several strip malls in this area, and most of them are full of empty stores and closed stores. The only place doing well is the Super Walmart and possibly the Lowes next to it.

BTW, the real town of Denver is located several more miles up Hwy 16. It is a sleepy place that hasn't changed much 30 years.

If you get off the lake, there isn't much reason for this area to grow any faster or any less than anywhere else in Charlotte. I do agree it is a good place to find some larger lots and homes at a more reasonable price. I've also heard good things about the schools in East Lincoln county. I would seriously consider it if I was looking for a place with a little more land, not as much sprawzilla development, and a nice relatively crime free area.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
just FYI: you are disputing a post dated 09-26-2006 and it states they are no longer a member

Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,215,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
just FYI: you are disputing a post dated 09-26-2006 and it states they are no longer a member
Does that change the point? However I will point out that here we are, 3 years later, and there has been no boom there. Remember that agent said it was just about to happen.

It's definite proof that listening to real estate agents about an area should be done at your own risk.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:30 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Does that change the point? However I will point out that here we are, 3 years later, and there has been no boom there. Remember that agent said it was just about to happen.

It's definite proof that listening to real estate agents about an area should be done at your own risk.
I do believe it was about to boom before the economy went bad. Not that I want it to boom. It's a nice quiet, safe area. I don't mind driving 15 minutes to go where it is built up with places to eat and shop as long as I get to come home to peace and quiet and space between me and my neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte