Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2014, 07:56 AM

300 posts, read 763,533 times

Advertisements

I also went to huntersville store. I felt it was ok. Did not really see any bargains for me. Everyone there was nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 08:22 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakkie View Post
I went to the new store in Huntersville. The people are friendly and they had some prime beef which was awesome but it had a few things that I cannot stand. First you had to do coupons, I HATE coupons. They had a BOGO free but I did not have the proper insert to clip the coupon. If you advertise on the product BOGO then it should be BOGO not BOGO go fins a stupid coupon.

The aisles were narrower and I felt crowded in the store. I will stick to Harris Teeter and hopefully Whole Foods in a month. Not a bad store at all but nothing really special either - same products as Harris Teeter and I prefer the loyalty programs over coupons.
Are you sure the coupon was not just in relation to the opening? You don't need a coupon (or a loyalty card) for Publix's normal BOGO's.

I did find out something at HT yesterday that I wasn't aware of which was nice though. Apparently if the register does not recognize an item you are trying to scan, they give it to you for free.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:36 AM

451 posts, read 712,390 times
Publix is now targeting a location in Marvin, corner of Providence and New Town.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCJ View Post
Publix is now targeting a location in Marvin, corner of Providence and New Town.
That would be a great location for Publix knowing the growth south toward Waxhaw. It will between two Harris Teeter stores: #182, Cureton Town Center, 8157 Kensington Drive, Waxhaw, North Carolina 28173-0103; and #343, Weddington Corners, 13639 Providence Road, Matthews, North Carolina 28104-9373.

Is there speculation of Publix considering a store in Waxhaw?

Last edited by Carolina Knight; 10-13-2014 at 11:10 AM..

Old 10-13-2014, 01:49 PM

488 posts, read 798,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Are you sure the coupon was not just in relation to the opening? You don't need a coupon (or a loyalty card) for Publix's normal BOGO's.

I did find out something at HT yesterday that I wasn't aware of which was nice though. Apparently if the register does not recognize an item you are trying to scan, they give it to you for free.
No clue the lady at the register had no idea so I just went with it. I did not get the second item free but did not worry too much about it. I just am not a coupon person and prefer HTs VIC program.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Quote:
No clue the lady at the register had no idea so I just went with it. I did not get the second item free but did not worry too much about it. I just am not a coupon person and prefer HTs VIC program.
That's because you were likely charged half price for each. Pretty sure HT does it the same way other than for things like the Buy 2 Get 3 Free.

Publix doesn't really have that many of their own coupons that I'm aware of. They have those booklets in the front but that's about it for the most part. You shouldn't really "need" a coupon for anything in the main flyer. Not sure why you would prefer needing to carry around a card (or remembering what phone number you put it under) vs everyone getting the sale price...

Old 10-13-2014, 04:03 PM

747 posts, read 2,105,443 times
Not sure why you would prefer needing to carry around a card (or remembering what phone number you put it under) vs everyone getting the sale price...[/quote]

Or more importantly, why you would want a business to track your purchases. That's the idea of the loyalty programs, it's to get info on better ways to market to you.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:46 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
Not sure why you would prefer needing to carry around a card (or remembering what phone number you put it under) vs everyone getting the sale price...
Or more importantly, why you would want a business to track your purchases. That's the idea of the loyalty programs, it's to get info on better ways to market to you.[/quote]

Why wouldn't I want the grocery store to market things to me that I like to purchase?

I signed up voluntarily to be tracked so its not like they are being unethical. I appreciate opening my HT email and seeing things I like to buy on sale.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:17 PM

488 posts, read 798,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
That's because you were likely charged half price for each. Pretty sure HT does it the same way other than for things like the Buy 2 Get 3 Free.

Publix doesn't really have that many of their own coupons that I'm aware of. They have those booklets in the front but that's about it for the most part. You shouldn't really "need" a coupon for anything in the main flyer. Not sure why you would prefer needing to carry around a card (or remembering what phone number you put it under) vs everyone getting the sale price...
No I was not - the price was regular and the clerk was unsure what to do. I prefer VIC savings and it is not a big deal to me for them to have my phone number. I just am not enamored with Publix. It is not bad (the prime steak was great)

I just hate coupon clipping and have no interest in doing so. And there were many things in the flyer requiring you to pull out a coupon.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:39 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
Quote:
No I was not - the price was regular and the clerk was unsure what to do. I prefer VIC savings and it is not a big deal to me for them to have my phone number. I just am not enamored with Publix. It is not bad (the prime steak was great)

I just hate coupon clipping and have no interest in doing so. And there were many things in the flyer requiring you to pull out a coupon.
If you only knew what was done with the phone numbers and profiles, the amount of $$ made trading lists around. I know one of the smaller mass-email marketers and the trading of demographic data is enough for him to buy a small island...

Anyway, the seafood and Publix seems to be the freshest among HT,Whole Foods, etc. However no one appears to out-do HT on their Maryland/Charleston crab cakes. The best I've had from any chain supermarket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte