Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,681 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Greetings all! I am a 48 year old professional male recently single. I am thinking of moving to North Carolina in the early spring of next year. I am considering Charlotte. Could anyone fill me in on the single scene in the area, also could someone point me in the right direction as far as a decent area of the city to look for an apartment? Thank you all for your time.[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 08:07 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,440,977 times
Try joining Charlotte Venture Club or any similar organization. SE Charlotte and Huntersville are good for apartments. Generally speaking, stay out of SW Charlotte, East Charlotte, and NW Charlotte for apartments and you should be ok.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:39 PM

6 posts, read 24,205 times
I have found that Charlotte used to be primarily a "family" city however, as more people are moving here the singles scene has definitely expanded. Charlotte is a great, fun city with lots to do whatever your interests may be. The best areas to live are SouthPark, Dilworth, Uptown, and Ballantyne. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2007, 01:36 PM

7 posts, read 21,058 times
ballantyne is totally family-oriented. don't move there unless you want to live in a cookie-cutter environment with strip malls. nothing wrong with that but simply not for singles.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:26 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,917,728 times
The singles scene is alive and well all over Charlotte, not just in a certain area. We have an unprecendented amount of Young Professionals and Professional social groups with no age limit. I am active in several, and have received emails from YP groups in larger cities than Charlotte asking my advice on how we got so successful! I would also agree with Groove that the best bet for you in CHOA (Carolinas Outdoor Adventures - the largest and most active outdoor sport and social organization in Charlotte and greater Carolinas).

Most people here know that I have lived in the Ballantyne area, SouthPark, University area, Cabarrus County and Lake Norman in my years in Charlotte. I am younger (30ish) and single and think that people my age and ALL singles want a nice house for the money and they can get that in the Ballantyne area, as well as other "cookie cutter" areas. Ballantyne has Table, Jazz Cafe, Miro, and other great places. Music at Ballantyne Village, etc. For a night out, get a cab or drive uptown. Not everyone who is single wants to live in a 530 sq. ft. condo uptown just to be near bars, although that is an option for those who seek it.

Overall: this place is a great place to be if single. You can have a killer place to live and still afford to go out and taste all that Charlotte has to offer. It rocks to be single here. The fact I have been given the option to be relocated to DC, Orange County in CA, Philly and Miami and turned them all down to stay here as a single person says a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: