Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:26 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,737,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Why is it odd? I dont get that.. I am not alone in this thinking by a LONGSHOT. People here better like it hot. I go to Buffalo and the people up there laugh at me for dealing with this heat. When I remind them of how cold their winters are they mostly shrug and say they would rather have that and nice summers than nice winters and abysmal heat 5 months a year. Point is they BETTER like the cold..same with people here and heat.
JP, it is odd to me because I'll take the heat over the cold any day of the week.

You don't have to agree (which I don't expect you to), but that's just me, and alot of people feel that way.

Its a pretty simple concept. I wish I could give you a better explanation, but I can't.....

I don't knock you for liking the cold, I just don't like it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat1105 View Post
I live outside of Chicago, and am seriously looking at relocating to the Charlotte area because of the longer stretch of warm weather. Generally speaking, is your 90+ stretch of weather on a daily basis longer than 2-3 months?

I don't mind heat a bit. It's the 5 months of winter that beats the life out of me.
The roughest stretch is from say Mid-June through August.

Once you get past Labor Day there is a noticeable difference in the humidity levels here. Once you had dew points in the 60's-70's, now you get very very comfortable mornings (in the upper 50's aro). The sun warms up the temps quickly however w/o the humidity of the summer.

The one thing I really love about the weather here is the amount of sunshine vs. up north. Even though the fall gets cooler here (you'll get your seasons), the sun is much stronger because you are 500-600 miles + closer to the equator...

Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,176,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The roughest stretch is from say Mid-June through August.

Once you get past Labor Day there is a noticeable difference in the humidity levels here. Once you had dew points in the 60's-70's, now you get very very comfortable mornings (in the upper 50's aro). The sun warms up the temps quickly however w/o the humidity of the summer.

The one thing I really love about the weather here is the amount of sunshine vs. up north. Even though the fall gets cooler here (you'll get your seasons), the sun is much stronger because you are 500-600 miles + closer to the equator...
And thats the same sun that tries to burn a hole in you in summer..ALL RELATIVE.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,355,257 times
I just moved here in the middle of June, just in time for the supposedly worst part of it. It was hot, but it really didn't seem much different than the heat in the northeast. In fact, when going back to visit one weekend it was much more hot & humid there than it was here (I think that was an usually hot weekend though).

Old 09-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I just moved here in the middle of June, just in time for the supposedly worst part of it. It was hot, but it really didn't seem much different than the heat in the northeast. In fact, when going back to visit one weekend it was much more hot & humid there than it was here (I think that was an usually hot weekend though).
It hasnt been hot in the northeast since that heatwave..still 90 here...not a good comparison

Old 09-13-2011, 06:35 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,201,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
you will learn not to argue with jp03 about the weather. better to just grin and nod your head...

"yes jp, the heat is hell on earth"

Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
you will learn not to argue with jp03 about the weather. better to just grin and nod your head...

"yes jp, the heat is hell on earth"
Thats right!! But there are worse places Florida, Texas, Arizona

Beside there is no argument..since the northern heat wave they have been quite pleasant..whereas we have continued to bake...its not about arguing its about facts..

Old 09-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Thats right!! But there are worse places Florida, Texas, Arizona

Beside there is no argument..since the northern heat wave they have been quite pleasant..whereas we have continued to bake...its not about arguing its about facts..
Maybe in Florida they've continued to bake but our temps have been in the 80's w/low humidity for the past 2 weeks. Morning lows the past wk wk 1/2 have been in the upper 50's/low 60's...a little chilly actually..... Not sure what area you're talking about.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Maybe in Florida they've continued to bake but our temps have been in the 80's w/low humidity for the past 2 weeks. Morning lows the past wk wk 1/2 have been in the upper 50's/low 60's...a little chilly actually..... Not sure what area you're talking about.
Heh chilly...ahh...

More like upper 80's/...the last 2 weeks. As long as I get in my car every day for lunch and its hot in the car its too hot for me.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,355,257 times
from the weather channel website:

Charlotte average highs: June 87, July 90, August 88
Philadelphia avg. highs: June 81, July 86, August 84

Charlotte average lows: June 66, July 71, August 69
Philadelphia avg. lows: June 64, July 70, August 69

The lows are actually very similar. But is a 4 or 5 degree increase really the difference between "baking" and "pleasant"? To some people, I guess it could be. But it may also depend where you're coming from. The farther north you go the numbers may be gradually cooler, in which case maybe you would notice a significant difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte