Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,883 times

Advertisements

Accepted a job offer in Mooresville, NC. Went down to tour and really liked the area. I see no need for a long commute so looking in the immediate area. Family will join me in a a month or two depending on school.

In that time frame-need to find a suitable place to live. Have gotten a few different opinions from those at work, and it sounds like we want to stick with Mooresville schools. I am confused by the school maps. Before heading out with a realtor I'd like to explore on my own to take my time and need someone to point me in the right direction.

We have children in elementary and two dogs. Looking for a great neighborhood with plenty of children and nice sized homes. Prefer a newer home under 10 years old and don't have time to build. We would like to stay under three hundred thousand.

Searched through some of the older threads but some were really old. Wanted some updated info since the market has changed in the last few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM

80 posts, read 170,799 times
I am not 100% sure how the Iredell/Mooresville school lines run.
For the most part 28115 falls into MGSD and 28117 falls into Iredell schools. However, as someone pointed out the other day there are exceptions.
The main subdivisions I would look at for MGSD are Harris Village, Cherry Grove and possibly Franklin Grove. With the first two I know they would meet your 10 year mark, but I think Franklin Grove is a bit older. I also do not think it has a community pool and tennis if that is important for your children.
All 3 would meet your price requirements and all three have fairly large homes with decent lots in they mostly back up to woods and not another home which gives the community a better look.
For the kids, they are close to Bellingham Park, North Main park, and the new (very nice!) Mazeppa Road park which I think many of the rec programs are run through.

Last edited by ocean22; 08-30-2011 at 06:07 PM..

Old 08-31-2011, 07:29 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,381,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean22 View Post
I am not 100% sure how the Iredell/Mooresville school lines run.
For the most part 28115 falls into MGSD and 28117 falls into Iredell schools. However, as someone pointed out the other day there are exceptions.
The main subdivisions I would look at for MGSD are Harris Village, Cherry Grove and possibly Franklin Grove. With the first two I know they would meet your 10 year mark, but I think Franklin Grove is a bit older. I also do not think it has a community pool and tennis if that is important for your children.
All 3 would meet your price requirements and all three have fairly large homes with decent lots in they mostly back up to woods and not another home which gives the community a better look.
For the kids, they are close to Bellingham Park, North Main park, and the new (very nice!) Mazeppa Road park which I think many of the rec programs are run through.
I agree with the choice of subdivisions to look at. All are with in your price point & the MDSG. I'm in Harris Village & know there's 4 homes for sale here right now (and 2 rentals that I know of). 3 of the 4 homes are under $300K & I know one of them is on the cul-de-sac with a fenced in yard. There's lots of kids in this subd & we have a community pool. Moved here 5 yrs ago from NY & love it here! Good Luck with your search!!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:40 AM

847 posts, read 1,352,505 times
You will love Mooresville. We moved here a little over a year ago and we love it here. The schools in the graded school district are insane! It would be hard to find better schools.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 AM

279 posts, read 888,275 times
Hi, I have kids in the Mooresville Graded School District.The boundaries can be a little confusing.We live in the county but are in what they call the "grey" area.It simply means we pay the city school taxes and our kids can go there instead of being bused to the county schools.We barely live outside the town limits but our kids would be bused all the way to Lake Norman.No way!
As far as places to look for housing,there are so many nice homes on the market right now.I love the Briarcliff neighborhood off of Kistler Farm Rd.Nice homes,not really a subdivision so no HOA'S.Really close to Bellingham park and the schools.Walden Ridge off Teeter Rd is also nice.Harris Village is a great choice.There really are lots to choose from.Good luck and if we can help just ask!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,883 times
Thanks for the info I think having a pool and playground good for the kids. Looking for a young feel to the neighborhood with ages of other children. Last neighborhood our kids were by far the youngest by several years and did not have playmates.
Will that be a problem in any of the above mentioned areas?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM

748 posts, read 1,772,364 times
Half of Cherry Grove is on the market. Shouldn't have trouble finding something that fits you.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:19 AM

80 posts, read 170,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
Half of Cherry Grove is on the market. Shouldn't have trouble finding something that fits you.
Not sure what this comment is in reference to. Guessing a dozen or so are for sale which given the size of the subdivision I'd say that is a pretty healthy number probably similar when compared to the size/sales of Franklin Grove and Harris Village. There are other places in Mooresville that have issues with heavy foreclosures and I simply don't feel like Cherry Grove is that way at all.
As a resident of Cherry Grove, I can't say enough positive things. We do have a small playground area, pool and tennis courts. There is a good mix of ages and plenty of young children in the subdivision. I have been thrilled with the friendships my children have made as well as with the school system. I feel like it is a beautiful community and a very nice place to live.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:36 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,381,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean22 View Post
Not sure what this comment is in reference to. Guessing a dozen or so are for sale which given the size of the subdivision I'd say that is a pretty healthy number probably similar when compared to the size/sales of Franklin Grove and Harris Village. There are other places in Mooresville that have issues with heavy foreclosures and I simply don't feel like Cherry Grove is that way at all.
As a resident of Cherry Grove, I can't say enough positive things. We do have a small playground area, pool and tennis courts. There is a good mix of ages and plenty of young children in the subdivision. I have been thrilled with the friendships my children have made as well as with the school system. I feel like it is a beautiful community and a very nice place to live.
I think Lowe's was in there the other day filming a commercial or something...someone I know that lives on Laurel Glen saw them there.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 883 times
Any suggestions for places to rent that allows dogs? Looking in the Mooresville area schools or Lakeshore/Lake Norman elementary school area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte